new 2 stroke problem

GoldenMotor.com

mnrider

Sep 10, 2008
minneapolis
I just got a kit in the mail and checked the motor for damage. The drive sprocket will turn with the clutch lever pulled but it still sounds like when the sprocket is turned without pulling the clutch, the engine is still turning over. Is this correct or is this a problem? It seems to me that the drive sprocket should turn freely when the clutch is pulled. Let me know if I am wrong in this as I have never built one of these before:(

mralaska

Aug 16, 2008
Deerfield, NH
Re: new 2 stooke problem

With the clutch disengaged the engine sprocket should be much easier to turn and you should not feel the resistance of the compression stroke. In other words, if it is mounted on the bike with the clutch lever pulled you might hear some gear noise but you will not hear the 'pachug, pachug' of the piston compressing.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Re: new 2 stooke problem

The sprockets are very hard to turn when the engine comes from the seller. Nothing to worry about.

You will find the clutch is very hard to pull in on some when new.....

turbo/chaos

Jul 22, 2008
college station tx
www.myspace.com
all i know is when i get a fresh kit is take a hammer a big flat head and tap the drive gear on the motor and if done right when you pres the lever in the gear will spine with lil drag on itcome to find out the place where the cable fits in to for the clutch on the motor is the grease port to put more grease in
can be used to put lucas oil only after you have broken in the motor then pray you dont go to fast from lil to no drag on the motor (^)