Wiping the smirk of a cager's face

GoldenMotor.com

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
I don't regret it at all. He made me do it. I won't bore with all the details but I was completely in the right and he was completely in the wrong. When I pointed out his error with some very colourful language he just sat there in his car with an extremely irritating smug smirk on his face, and then he cut me off in a corner which could have been disastrous for me. I caught up with him at the light and (accidentally) adjusted his mirror as I rode past. It's now dangling by the wires. I sure hope he learned something.

I know we've all had close calls on the road whether it's because of the driver's ignorance or deliberate lack of respect. Every ride it happens and if you are not completely aware you could easily be toast. Today was the day I just had to do something and the opportunity was there so I went for it.

I do not promote violence but I do advocate for education.

the above is a work of fiction

Last edited:

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Steve, you are more than half correct, it was not a bmw. I had just written a longer reply but my laptop crashed. Probably got hit in cyberspace by another mothball fanatic.

Anyway my hand is fine. Sadly it was a new car and probably had those bendy mirrors. Dang. I didn't actually see it dangle because, surprise surprise, I was watching where I was going.

On a more positive note, Legwon and I have been secretly scheming a happy fun ride. You are more than welcome to join and we should get a hold of Tripps as well. We will be in touch and coordinate a time and place. I need to sort out my stock exhaust which is choking the life out of my ride. Got some evil plans in that department.

happy and safe riding,

Chaz

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Chaz.

Thankfully your alright. I'm surprised that it wasn't a BMW though. SUV version preferred

I'd like to go riding with you but my health won't allow it. Still trying to sort out the infection in my knee and it's not looking good.
Hope the plans work out and you get the exhaust working.

Steve.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Sorry to hear you're off the road for a while. I really hope you get well soon. We will give you all the gory details when it's done and the way things are going for me it might be a few weeks yet so we'll keep you posted. I had an infection in a finger joint once and it was very stubborn. Focus on getting well and you are smart not to over tax the knee. I use mine every day.

cheers

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
Since this is a work of fiction, I'm hypothetically glad that the character in your story was able to adjust that guys mirror for him. Sometimes, fictional characters just get what they deserve, and since they're fictional, we never have to feel bad about it and we never should.