what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Here's a little frame carnage to show just how thin those Roadmaster MTB frames really are... I noticed a crack starting and decided to weld it up with my mig and blew a hole thru it... This told me that the metal was a lot thinner than I expected so I cut out the damage so I can weld in some fresh metal, but after seeing how thin it was I decided to go ahead and weld in a whole new bottom tube with a bend in just the right spot so I'll actually have some engine clearance on this thing...

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
So, for whatever reason someone transports his bike in the trunk of a car. Perhaps he does not have a truck.

I offered a solution to the problem - so what are you saying here?
Oh I duno..... maybe drain the tank and the carb before you stuff the bike in the trunk of a car....
The remark wasn't pointed in your direction.
It was in the direction of the guy , the trunk and the rain filled fuel tank......

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Ouch... Dave yeah they changed those Roadmaster MTBs when theyquit making them in the USA, I have an older one that is a brute, heavies5 bike I have, I think its proba ly an old American made Murray, heavy tubing and all but just came with Caliper type brakes and its a 10 speed, it was my first build and still a solid old bike, just needs a fresh better balanced engine to be a good comfortable rider.

Great idea on putting a new heavier wall tube in, that should do the trick.

DRBS

Jun 22, 2014
Westland MI U.S.A
lol you guys are the vest!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that there are a ton of better stories on customers bikes any one want to start a new thread saying customer blunders go ahead and lets see what comes up LOL

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
A close-up of the absolutely great angled manifold by FFV8 being used on my 4 cycle engine with an NT carburetor. This set-up works so much nicer than the stock carb I'm actually making plans on what to do next.

Attachments

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
A rear wheel shot showing my new adapter & 44t sprocket from Kings. The 1" adapter fit a hub measuring .988" perfectly, and I believe could have taken something even a bit smaller. Beautiful piece, especially compared to the stamped-out kit part.

Attachments

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
Brad, the man that constructs these manifolds does a great job, plus he sent a set of gaskets & all the fasteners I needed to do the job. Everything fit very well, & the NT carb I installed rather reminds me of what I once had on my Yamaha trail bike 40 years ago.
A big plus has been that so far I haven't had the needle jam as it did on the stock carburetor, which leaked more gas onto the ground then it ever sent through the engine.

Attachments

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
As long as I'm on here I recall someone asking what was being done about blow-by when using a 2 stroke carb on a 4 stoke engine. Here's a photo of what I thought was a temporary solution - a section of clear yellow fuel line shoved into the air cleaner & leading to the hose on the engine. This seems to work so well I might make it permanent with a dab of silicone.

Attachments

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I made a rain/Sun/weather cover for the duffel bag that rides on my rear cargo rack.

DSCN0449.JPG

Now I'll just leave it on there most of the time. Rather than carrying stuff I'll need everyday, I'll just carry the stuff that I want handy but do not need often.
Rain gear, batteries for my tail lights, stuff like that.

The everyday stuff will go in the two backpacks that mount up front and I'll carry them in and out everyday.

That cheap tarp material isn't all that Sun resistant. But if I Armor-All it regularly then it ought to be as waterproof as I need it to be for, say, a year maybe. That'll be good enough.

The only question left is whether or not I'll get tired of lugging that big old thing around. But I'm lashing the duffel on and off that bike everyday as it is.

And I've always maintained that, for me anyway, two-wheeled transport must have cargo capacity. Otherwise I'll be back driving my car half the time. It means some inconvenience. But it's worth it.

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
After looking at my photos, I snugged down the adapter on the rear hub, then went around doing a general tighten & inspection. Then, I went for a ride - around the 'hood a couple of times, then took it out on the main drag here in my section of town while we still had daylight. Adding the angled manifold so I could ditch the stock carb & swapping that stamped wheel sprocket has made this into a whole 'nother machine, and that is largely thanks to ideas I picked up right on this site.
.wee.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
After looking at my photos, I snugged down the adapter on the rear hub, then went around doing a general tighten & inspection. Then, I went for a ride - around the 'hood a couple of times, then took it out on the main drag here in my section of town while we still had daylight. Adding the angled manifold so I could ditch the stock carb & swapping that stamped wheel sprocket has made this into a whole 'nother machine, and that is largely thanks to ideas I picked up right on this site.
.wee.
ride safe and enjoy, glad everything is working out good for you on the bike.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Got my frame and forks for my newest project in today... finally... I think I had enough time today to get these out of the box before I got slammed with work today... but I need as much work as I can get in order to fund this project quicker... lol..

Anyway, I'm gonna take my time on this one and make sure everything is just the way I want it before moving to the next step in the process... I got a GT5 Super Rat engine in the buildup process for this frame that I'm working the port timing and squish clearance out on as I get time to mess with it... which for the most part is just on the weekends or if I have a really slow day at the shop...

Here's how it all starts...

get a good look at it because it's not gonna look like this next time ya see a picture of it... hopefully...

Panhead

Mar 20, 2015
Michigan U.S.A.
Today I dug into my box of bicycle parts & came up with a mirror, along with a headlight and tail light I hadn't been using. I now feel like the Micargi is now much more road worthy.
While I have not kept a log of my miles, I'd be willing to wager I've spent more time riding that sucker in the past couple of weeks than I have since I put it together in 2013.
Here are a couple of photos taken this afternoon of my no-longer-stock 4 stroke.

Attachments