custom decal source? 1914 POPE

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
K... Not convinced this should be in this section but figured if anybody knew about vintage reproduction stickers it would be here. Mods; feel free to move to shop n swap if appropriate. Im looking for a reproduction Pope motorcycle head badge. I have a water transfer for the seatpost but have never been able to find one for the headbadge; and they are quite differnet. Heres a pic of what Im looking for. I searched the web for a bit but nothing specific to pope and water transfer really popped ( Poped? ) up.

Attachments

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Handy with Photoshop? Or know a graphic artist?

You’ve actually have a pretty good reference photo if you wanted to recreate it yourself, and you can buy inexpensive water slide decal paper that will work in a inkjet printer...

And considering the resolution of ink jet’s your image doesn’t even really need to be vector based, just something simple to work with like a .tiff or .psd at around 200 dpi.

The colors will be slightly muted which actually will give it a bit of an antiqued feel. The biggest compromise will be the lack of the fine metallic flake look of the gold color shown.

BTW, the fonts look alot like just different weights of Helvetica.

-Kirk

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Not so much Mr. B. I can barely turn this thing on and make it work. I may have a sign co in my area that can do it though. Who's Helvetica and why she weigh so much? laff

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Yes Curt I think thats what I'll try next. I have a place not far from her call "Sign "O" Rama" they claim they can do anything. Well. We'll just SEE about that.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I go to Gary Berg at Sticker Shock for all my decals, he is a busy guy but has never let me done yet I built a replica of a 1909 Lobel but I am giving it some American Indian styled decals using a Copper Arrow Heads and head badge it will also have an Indian Logo made out of copper color for the logo and a silver boarder and of coarse with modern Caliper brakes and inverse levers and some left over Sportsman Flyer handle bars but getting back to Velo's Question Here ya go

[email protected] if you can't get him here then try www.leftcoastdesign.com

Attachments

Last edited: