Say Goodbye To Freedom!

GoldenMotor.com

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0AyEdRYVxg
Freedom anyone? Not anymore!
I'm also 13, like the kid in this video BUT...
-I never ride to show off
-I never ride at night
-I never ride without proper gear
-I never ride in a busy area
The person's fault, not the bike!!!

Hope they get those 13 year old kids off the street!

Just a piece of my mind :)
-Zane

Last edited by a moderator:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
So they blamed it on the bike cause it had a motor on it? Couldn't he have been run over just as easily if his bike didn't have a motor on it? A lot of people get run over on non-motored bicycles every sing day. I don't see anybody calling for a ban on bicycles. LOL

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
What caught my attention in particular was the comment that, 'These are poor man's motorcycles assembled in backyards.'
Not living in the US I'm a little reluctant to comment in case I get told to mind my own beeswax, but when did it become an illegal act (or at least an act to be officially frowned upon) to be poor?

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
What caught my attention in particular was the comment that, 'These are poor man's motorcycles assembled in backyards.'
Not living in the US I'm a little reluctant to comment in case I get told to mind my own beeswax, but when did it become an illegal act (or at least an act to be officially frowned upon) to be poor?
He got ran over in Sydney, Australia, so feel free to speak your mind, all you want.

I spent $4000 on my "poor mans motorcycle". Poor compared to what, a Ducati? LOL

I like to call mine a "Rich Mans Bicycle...... that needs no pedaling".

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
He got ran over in Sydney, Australia, so feel free to speak your mind, all you want.

I spent $4000 on my "poor mans motorcycle". Poor compared to what, a Ducati? LOL

I like to call mine a "Rich Mans Bicycle...... that needs no pedaling".
Oh I missed that, - but as a Kiwi passing comments about Ozzies I'm perhaps now even more likely to be told to 'b*gger off.'

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Oh I missed that, - but as a Kiwi passing comments about Ozzies I'm perhaps now even more likely to be told to 'b*gger off.'
I thought you both were practically related to each other? You're flags look almost identical to one another. Didn't the New Zealand islands physically break off from Australia about 50 million years ago? LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
At least once a day some pedestrian in Los Angeles gets run over by somebody in a car. Every day. Day in and day out. When are cars gonna be banned? They kill more people than guns and motorized bikes.....combined.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
And a cop named "Phil"-

and like I always say- it's usually more about Big Oil
and in this case maybe Job Security........

"Julie" looks like a girl who should get her fat bottom on a bike and RIDE,
instead of vommitting her extra large portions all over the Lady Madonna lens again.

Matthew Lane- shades of Downton Abbey!

This story has it awl dudes!

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra
it really ****s me when people try to blame everything else except themselves.

I feel sorry for the people that were driving the car.

I bet this kid also plays GTA, and forgot to hit the reset button before getting hit.
no one gets hurt in cyberspace.

in Australia, anything over 200W is a moped. so everytime someone in the news says motorized bicycle, I just crack up.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Maybe if the kid wasn't limited to 250W, or whatever the ridiculous law is, the whippersnapper might not have gotten hurt. I got seriously injured on pedal bicycles many times as a youth and never once did the old folks call for a ban on bicycles, mass hysteria fuels the acceptance of stupidity.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
It's been brewing and getting stronger for a bit over 30 years now. It seems, maybe, as though it's coming to a head.

Stay tuned. It ought to be interesting.

SAVED1

May 29, 2011
Miami Fl.
that's just sad that they have to put the blame on the bike, i mean the bike is only going to do what the rider on it does. i guess they always need a scape goat for everything.

I just got home from a 25 mile ride from my house to a local park and back. while i was riding through the park i saw 2 police officers and 1 park ranger and they didn't even look twice as i rode by them, of coarse i was riding the bike in a proper and respectful manor as one should.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Once again I see the equipment being blamed instead of the operator.
Didn't we just go through this here in America?
Something about evil black "assault" equipment...
Why can't the folks in power owe up to the reality that any sort of equipment only does what the operator directs it to do?
The bicycle didn't force this kid to ride at night without any sort of lighting or safety equipment.
Did his parents teach him to ride safe? Did they provide him with the necessary safety equipment? Did they teach him the rules of the road?
Or did they just let him at it without any thought to proper guidance or responsibility/ ownership of your own actions?
Did the boy ride the bike at night without his parent's permission or knowledge?
Too many un-answered questions in this agenda slanted "news" clip.
I feel sorry for the poor boy. A very hard lesson hopefully learned.
And the folks in the vehicles involved, I feel sorry for them too. They did not cause the accident either. They are just as innocent as the motorized bicycle.

KnockKnock

Sep 10, 2013
CenTex
At least once a day some pedestrian in Los Angeles gets run over by somebody in a car. Every day. Day in and day out. When are cars gonna be banned? They kill more people than guns and motorized bikes.....combined.
Actually, I look for them to ban people. They're the ones getting killed by the cars, so following the current logic, it's the only sensible choice.

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Actually, I look for them to ban people. They're the ones getting killed by the cars, so following the current logic, it's the only sensible choice.
Yep.......!

Just like the tree hggers blame the people for everything that happens on the planet unless of course something good happens and then that was done by mother nature.....lol!

We live in an age of no personal responsibility for ones actions. .... an age of bleame and pass the buck.....

Map