White wire Question

GoldenMotor.com

mostyn56

Sep 25, 2008
Forest of Dean (England)
As the white wire from the magneto on a HT engine provides some output, could it be connected to the blue wire to provide a stronger spark at lower rpm.
I ask this because, since fitting a pullstart, I'm finding it more difficult to start.lworider1

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I doubt it would work out.

If the motor is hard to start, check your plug and wire. If you're using a stock plug, that might have something to do with it.

mostyn56

Sep 25, 2008
Forest of Dean (England)
Hi jasonh, I have a new NGK6HS fitted & a good lead.

I just think the speed at which I'm spinning it over by hand is not as fast as pedalling & releasing the clutch. Maybe I need to visit the gym so I can pull the rope harder!!!
Cheers.

mostyn56

Sep 25, 2008
Forest of Dean (England)
(^)Thanks Bikeguy Joe, I tried giving it extra tickler & it definitely started a lot easier.

I tend to only give it a couple of pumps as the only other carbs I've had a tickler on was my old Norton's, Triumph's etc. If you gave them too much tickle the fuel would always overflow. These little carbs can take an amazing amount of tickling without splilling petrol over the rest of the engine!!!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
A lot of it goes down the intake on these, so be careful.

You almost can't flood a two stroke when it's cold, the extra tickler seems to work great. I usually don't even use the choke anymore.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
hmm, interesting, I never thought of using the tickler to get a bit of fuel in there instead of the choke. I rarely push the tickler anyway though, so no reason to start now :)