BlowByU's Production Bike #2 Felt 1903

GoldenMotor.com

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi All
Sorry for the late reply, I did take Tanner for a very long shake down run ruffly 60 miles and about 3 hours. I took the GPS with me and found the cruising speed and top speed you would think that with the giant 75 tooth sprocket that this bike would be dead slow. BUT the cruising speed is around 21 MPH and a top speed of around 30 MPH. I have made a video of some of the trip but not much as my batteries are now near the end of their life. I will now upload the video and post it as soon as it is done.
Cheers
Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here is the video of the shake down run the is not that much coverage of the trip as I said my batteries are toast. The EZ engine and trans worked well I did have a break down of the 3 piece wide crank the weld that holds the sprocket broke or was never completed and I was unable to pedal of half of the trip. I did have to walk the bike up an extream hill if I had pedals I could have made it up no problem that just shows that the sprocket is not over sized for my area. Here is the video
YouTube - Gas powered bicycle Felt 1903 Tanner on first shake down run

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Just one last thing when you hear the engine at idle it sounds rather knocky it turns out the Huasheng 142F-cc dose not like 97 octane fuel. Once I filled up with regular fuel it stopped knocking I am still going to do the videos on the flat out speed test and 14% grade hill climb.
Cheers
Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I did say some similarities tire color, body color, saddle color, giant drive on the rear wheel, muffler under the engine similar handle bars that is about it thoe :) Oh and pedals can't forget them

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I did say some similarities tire color, body color, saddle color, giant drive on the rear wheel, muffler under the engine similar handle bars that is about it thoe :) Oh and pedals can't forget them
I didn't see the pedals on the Harley......but then I wasn't looking that hard eitherlaff

Nice build Terry, regardless!

fishguts

Sep 7, 2010
southeastern MA
I didn't see the pedals on the Harley......but then I wasn't looking that hard eitherlaff

Nice build Terry, regardless!

Pedals are farther back than where you expect them.

Nice restored Harley but you have to wonder if they have the right size belt on it. Maybe under tension there's some space between the top and bottom parts of the belt.

Blow-by-you - Felt is looking good!

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Well I took Tanner and my MP out for a cruise on Sunday and man was I surprised on the mp I have a 5:1 ratio with a 10 tooth out put and a 46 tooth rear sprocket. Now the 1903 has well I still don't know the ratio but it has a 10 tooth output and a 75 tooth rear sprocket. You would think the 1903 would be under 30 MPH NOT it turns out that the gearing is still a little taller than the MP go figure. I was told by many that the speed would be well under 30 MPH and to be honest that is what I wanted. But NO the 1903 is just a tiny bit faster on the top-end than the MP looks like I should have went for the 80 tooth after all.
Cheers
Terry

redline

May 7, 2012
Surrey,B.C.
Nice bikes...you are in the lower mainland. They have changed the laws concerning these bikes now havent they? They used to be classified under motor assisted bikes. No licence needed, only needed to be 16 or older to ride. You can now only ride one of these bikes if its electric powered. Gas powered are illegal. Have you run into this? Used to be a few bikes around here and now I never see any. Any way around this?? Can they be registerd under Limited speed motorcycles like mopeds are? Then I guess you have to be inspected to see if you are road worthy then pay registration and insurance. I was looking at building some bikes but if they cant be ridden...what good is that... If you know anything about this, please let me know

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Nice bikes...you are in the lower mainland. They have changed the laws concerning these bikes now havent they? They used to be classified under motor assisted bikes. No licence needed, only needed to be 16 or older to ride. You can now only ride one of these bikes if its electric powered. Gas powered are illegal. Have you run into this? Used to be a few bikes around here and now I never see any. Any way around this?? Can they be registerd under Limited speed motorcycles like mopeds are? Then I guess you have to be inspected to see if you are road worthy then pay registration and insurance. I was looking at building some bikes but if they cant be ridden...what good is that... If you know anything about this, please let me know
Hi please contact me direct for info on this subject [email protected]