Who is the fastest china rider still standing

GoldenMotor.com

MikeBike

Oct 7, 2008
Palm Springs CA.
i know i was messin with you, but going fast is not a problem with me, im useto rideing my uncles drag bike 100+ and his street bike 75(;) ) but a bicycle whould be much. but take it in stride, your probly way better at this(thats not a joke).

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
Hmmmm.....sounds like an interesting goal....FWIW we can make sprockets as small as 18T for use with a disc hub mount.....Should make for some serious speed runs (slightly down hill will no doubt help)....

Andrew

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
Fastest I could get mine with the 44 tooth was 28.2 on GPS It's all stock and untuned. I'm doing shift kit now and then will maybe start tuning. I was just hoping for 45... but 60?

I went stock on my Hayabusa to 187. After modding the engine it went 200.1 gps. I know I'll probably get speed hooked on this also.

MikeBike

Oct 7, 2008
Palm Springs CA.
ya, i dont think ill do this on a bike.
i dont think a china girl engine would even do 60mph.
but what about a pockit/pit bike engine, that might need less moding for the speed.
and put on a low-rider like in the motorbicycling.com banner up on top.

faster then 40 you would want to get as low and long as possible, Lessing your chance of wiping out. (aka hurt or dieing!! :eek:)

i think ill set my goal for 35-40mph, that shouldn’t be to bad, i dont have to be the fastest, but the funniest...well see;):oops:

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
How about this: A Franco Morini Engine, Nuvinci Hub setup, and Tuned Pipes on a full-fairing recumbent velomobile? That would hit some speed dont ya think?

But seriously... a shifter kit with a NuVinci setup would be pretty quick.

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I went 60 mph on a road bike with no motor just gravity, tall gears and a good tuck. That is why it is so much fun to climb steep mountain passes. Sooner or later you get to go down hill. You just better be a good mechanic so that 20 pound machine will hold together carrying 10 times it's weight.

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL
Hmmmm.....sounds like an interesting goal....FWIW we can make sprockets as small as 18T for use with a disc hub mount.....Should make for some serious speed runs (slightly down hill will no doubt help)....

Andrew
have you tried on one of your bikes yet ??? and if so how fast do you have to pedal before you can even think of releasing the clutch????

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI Oscar,

No....Haven't tried the 18T personally but with all the talk of people looking for the fastest of the fast I thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm running a 36T still but on my next build I am going smaller (probably a 32T )...

Since 18T is half of 36T I'd imagine you'd probably have to get to about 15 mph or so before letting out the clutch.... I would imagine flat roads would be needed with such steep gearing but I could be wrong since quite a few folks in FL are running 27T on 26" wheels and are pretty happy (of course 18T is still pretty far from 27T)...Hmmmm....still looking for the first person to try it out! ;-)

Andrew

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
Just did the shift kit and only went 27 mph yesterday after about 3 blocks in the wind. The engine still stock and don't make much power. I ordered the 11 tooth sprocket and will wait out this tank of fuel before tuning the engine.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I don't think even a lightly modified chinese engine will pull you to uber speeds with an 18T...more than likely it will just rev really slow @ 28 mph.

There is a certain point where, no matter what you do, 3 hp is not going to go any faster just by "gearing up".

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Not trying to rain on your parade or anything....I just wanted you speed freaks to be aware that you WILL have to modify your engines as well as going to higher gearing.

Streamlining will help out considerably above 40 mph.