New to this: Need advice

GoldenMotor.com

mhalik

Sep 3, 2008
Hi, I am new to this and am thinking about building a bike. I am a big boy, 6'2" 265Lbs and would prefer a 4 stroke that is quiet. Any suggestions from which bike to buy and best kit would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
My neighbor installed an 80cc 2 stroke on to a Schwinn. He's 6'4'' and weighs in at about 270. He keeps up with me for the most part on flat. Inclines however, he needs to pedal a little.

LordMaximo

Aug 31, 2008
High Plains Desert, Roy UT
Check out the "surpluscenter.com" site. They have some 4-stroke engines available and the Harbor Freight company has 196cc 4-stroke engines for $180.00 Good buys and well worth the investment. I am at 5'10" and 265lbs.
I run the fattest knobby tires on my 26" Murry mountain bike, which is a rigid frame too, and will be installing a Tecumseh on this build. I don't mind spending a few hundred bucks on an engine to haul my lard around. :cool:

Maximo

BlueCollarBike

Aug 14, 2008
Hi, I am new to this and am thinking about building a bike. I am a big boy, 6'2" 265Lbs and would prefer a 4 stroke that is quiet. Any suggestions from which bike to buy and best kit would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
we get many calls At blue-Collar asking if the motor kits will carry the Plus size.

So we got a buddy of mine weighing in @ 280 lbs then made a small clip and placed it on you tube. YouTube - Big Guy On A Moterized Bicycle

Sound is not the best.

cheers:)

Bob