New guy

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Hello guys, here to introduce myself as being new to the post. I have a two stroke eng in the box ready to go and just brought the Wally special home for the future mounted eng. The bike is a Huffy Cranbrook for the first one. Now all these things are running around in my head , shifters, jack shafts , disk brakes and all that stuff. Think I will stick to the basics on the first one to see how it goes. I know it will not be the last either. I built a trike recumbent from plans that I would like to motorize but that will wait. I have enjoyed reading numerous post here before deciding to jump in. Hope we can talk a little along the line. gphil brnot

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Welcome to the forum.... Lots of guys start with the cranebrook....do I remember you from the AZ forum ???

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. You're making the right decision to start simple then work up. There's enough to learn initially to get the bike running and dependable. Adding too many goodies right at the start can cause you headaches. Go slow, do it right and don't hesitate to ask here if you have problems or need advice. Good luck. Keep us posted on your build.
Tom

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Thanks a lot for the great welcome. Yup, Chainmaker you remember me from the other. I have not posted there in a long time. I still have some plans for other bikes etc. The trike I mentioned came from there and really learned a lot building that one. I just love these little bikes and plan on staying here for some time to come. Once more thanks to you also 2 door, I am a older fella with lots of hot rods behind me including flat heads. lol know them?

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Well I could go on and on about the rodding days and flatheads but then this is a bike site---huh gotta love it. Neat trike you sent there, I will have to watch how you drive it, that is eng to drive train etc. I will send a pic of mine post haste. Not as pretty as yours. I do have a disk brake on the rear and claipers on the front. I think putting a four stroke or so on it will require some thinking but then I am a fair welder if I have a good grinder handy---lol. I will also send some pics of the progress I make on my first build too. Thanks guys for the welcome. gphil.

.shft.