gas/oil clarifaction

GoldenMotor.com

jowkwondo

Aug 31, 2010
united states
I am new to motorized bikes and i plan on putting my first together from a kit this week. I still dont really understand what it means with the ratio of gas to oil... does that mean i mix the two into the gas tank? how much would 1/2 gallon tank need? thanks for the help guys.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Mix your gas in a one or two gallon can. Almost all 2 cycle oil has a ratio chart on the bottle and it's best to start out with 24-32:1 not the 16:1 the instructions say.

It's pretty simple, 32:1 is 32 parts gas to 1 part oil which could mean 32oz of gas to 1oz of oil or 32 gallons of gas to 1 gallon of oil, so you see it really doesn't matter what measurement you use as long as the ratio of gas to oil stays the same.

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Ill make it even simpler.

1 gallon of gas gets mixed with 4oz of 2 stroke oil. (Thats 32:1)

Get a measuring cup with fluid ounces on it.

Easy Breezy.

Mix it in a gas can , not the gas tank !

:)

Last edited:

Comrade Alfonzo

Jul 15, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
so we have
4oz of your favorite 2 stroke oil
1gal of 87octane
shake well
served on the rocks or frozen with a twist of lime in a steel tank, perfect for midmorning boredom, or a late night party
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Hey guys, a quick question about mixing in the tank. I carry a shot of oil with me in case I have to stop at a gas station. Should I add the oil first and add the gas to it, or put the oil in after, or add a little at a time while filling? Or does it matter as long as I shake my bike around like crazy?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hey guys, a quick question about mixing in the tank. I carry a shot of oil with me in case I have to stop at a gas station. Should I add the oil first and add the gas to it, or put the oil in after, or add a little at a time while filling? Or does it matter as long as I shake my bike around like crazy?
I would add the fuel first then the oil and shut the fuel valve off.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I would add the fuel first then the oil and shut the fuel valve off.
On the other hand.....turn off the fuel petcock, pour in your 2oz. (approx) of oil and then fill with gas as this starts the mixing straight away. Cap your tank, shake it back and forth and/or side to side, turn your petcock back on and go! The preferrend method of Moto-Crossers in a bindlaff Any method works just fine however, as long as the oil gets in there.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
On the other hand.....turn off the fuel petcock, pour in your 2oz. (approx) of oil and then fill with gas as this starts the mixing straight away. Cap your tank, shake it back and forth and/or side to side, turn your petcock back on and go! The preferrend method of Moto-Crossers in a bindlaff Any method works just fine however, as long as the oil gets in there.
What I meant to say was shut the fuel valve off, add the fuel then the oil. I have seen to many plugged and gummed up carbs from adding the oil first.:)

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
What I meant to say was shut the fuel valve off, add the fuel then the oil. I have seen to many plugged and gummed up carbs from adding the oil first.:)
You got it right Dave, I was just sharing my method...and you did mention shutting the fuel valve, that is key. Cheers.