Hey guys!

GoldenMotor.com

ridemybikebro

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Hello All,
I've been riding bicycles for years and just started getting into this wonderful world of motorized bikes.
This forum is greatness and I've been learning a lot. I'm still in the figuring out which bike and motor phase. I want a beach cruiser but there are so many choices... The Worksman newsboy is m first choice but its a little on the expensive side. I may end up with a wally-world cruiser because they are so inexpensive and I have been wrenching on bikes for awhile and I can fix dang near anything on it.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Hello All,
The Worksman newsboy is m first choice but its a little on the expensive side. I may end up with a wally-world cruiser because they are so inexpensive and I have been wrenching on bikes for awhile and I can fix dang near anything on it.
Hi Ride, welcome.
Though the people here will help anyone, it is nice to welcome newbies that are not 'mechanically challenged' as it were ;-}

If you have bikes, it might be best to start with something you have, it's not like you can't pull the kit back off unless we are talking about starting with a bike like this...

This is the room you will need in the frame to fit a motor.

Before you choose ask yourself these questions:

1. Am I building this as cheap as I can just to check them out and have fun?
Or am I building it because I need to rely on it for main transportation and use it often?

2. Do I need it to last more than a year? Or not?

3. Do I need to ride more than handfull of miles at a time? or much more.

4. Is my personal comfort worth a few extra bucks up front considering the time and miles I will putting on it?

Only you can answer those questions.
You can save yourself a lot of grief and even more money later if you just start in the right place for YOUR needs, even if means waiting or selling something to get there.

Just a tip.
I have built and put a few miles on bikes form my 1st Wally Cranbrook build to my current Luxury 3-speed shifter bike with shocks.
I will never go back to anything less than at least shocks, and I would be hard pressed to give up gears.

Answer those questions honestly and I think you can narrow your choices a lot ;-}

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
If you have bikes, it might be best to start with something you have, it's not like you can't pull the kit back off unless we are talking about starting with a bike like this...

I think the spokes are a little bit out of adjustment
lol.........duh..weld.......weld...... laff

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Welcome to the forum!
I recommend purchasing the kit you decide upon from a reputable vendor.
Steer clear from ebay.
The vendors advertising on the sides of the screen here all (for the most part) have earned good reviews through excellent products and customer support.

Chalo

Aug 10, 2010
Texas
I may end up with a wally-world cruiser because they are so inexpensive and I have been wrenching on bikes for awhile and I can fix dang near anything on it.
Speaking as someone who just spend five hours doing what should have been an hour-and-a-half tuneup on an execrable Pacific brand department store bike, and as someone who deals with both abominable and excellent bikes regularly-- don't do that. If you want to set up and ride your bike instead of working on bike parts that were knackered when new and basically unfixable, use a decent bike shop quality bike. You won't regret it.

A decent quality twenty-year-old bike that was "rode hard and put up wet" is still usually a better choice than a brand new department store bike. The difference is that one was made for riding, and the other was made for selling.

Chalo

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO

I think the spokes are a little bit out of adjustment
lol.........duh..weld.......weld...... laff
,,,NEVER LEAVE THE BIKE IN DIRECT SUNLITE,,,lol