Motorized Bicycle Disc Brake Help

GoldenMotor.com

severedcorps

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
MB Disc Brake Help

I want to get disc brakes for my bike, as well as new rims.. I just need to know what I need to make that work, what kind of new fork would I need, and what kind of rims? Does it matter what kind of rims I buy if I plan to mount discs?

I have 24 inch wheels, a 44T sprocket and run 32:1.. My top speed is 23 mph.. I would like to increase this.. I am buying an expansion chamber soon, what kind of effect should I expect?

ALSO, if anyone has any tips or advice, please share.. anything helpful is welcome!

.wee.

Last edited:

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
re: MB Disc Brake Help

a fork that has mounting tabs for the caliper (or an adapter that will bolt/weld to the fork ,,,
I think Venice Motor Bikes has them, or will very soon),
a caliper and lever including cable (mechanical) or hose (hydraulic),
a wheel that will accept a rotor (has a rotor mountable hub)

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Re: MB Disc Brake Help

opps, my bad guys, I was trying to merge a post from a duplicate thread from severedcorps and screwed up and it got placed at the beginning of this thread. Now I cannot move it without losing this thread.

I apologize Motorbicycling.com members :oops:

Last edited:

severedcorps

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC

I am concerned with the amount of force that a front disc will apply to my forks.. will they hold out? I have an older Norco frame, so I think it will hold out.. but I am not sure.

Also, finding 24 inch wheels with rotor mountable hubs seems difficult, or maybe I just don't know where to look.. it just seems every good wheel is 26 inches..

I also DONT have access to any welding equipment, at least until Sept. when I begin school again..

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

I am concerned with the amount of force that a front disc will apply to my forks.. will they hold out? I have an older Norco frame, so I think it will hold out.. but I am not sure.

Also, finding 24 inch wheels with rotor mountable hubs seems difficult, or maybe I just don't know where to look.. it just seems every good wheel is 26 inches..

I also DONT have access to any welding equipment, at least until Sept. when I begin school again..
Your fork is strong enough. My disc adapters are 'bolt on' (no welding) ;)