Motorbicycling.com Magizine

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I have been thinking about this for a few weeks and think I have at least a starting point. A small magazine about the dimensions of the old TV guide dedicated to Bicycles with motors with this domain name so that it leads folks back to here. Or a name that can not be confused with other or places on the web about motor assisted bikes, then "masked" to lead back to here when searched for or Googled.

It could be posted online, on a password protected server so that members could print, staple then distribute in their local community. Eventually, sell subscriptions and advertising and have proceeds go to an account to offset costs, be used for charitable events or to garner favor with local lawmakers. Which ever or any that the majority decides.

I will research this if there is any interest. I also think we could upload to any large chain and print any where, or PDF files directly sent.

Just a thought. I know it would always be the top thing on the pile at the barbers or coffee shop

Unsolved Rubix

Jun 22, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
I think it would be a great idea, I know of some places around here I could get it placed at. Since I have started building my bike I have got a lot of people interested in the idea. I was surpised by the number of people who didn't think it would work at all. I am sure that if there was a magazine around the area and with me buzzing around the site could get some more traffic.

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
in the mid sixties i belonged to the dirt diggers motorcycle club, in socal. one meeting a member asks almost the same thing. that was super hunky and the start of dirt bike magazine and about a dozen others. he made millions

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
the thought has been thier since i started this site. i know a lady that just sold her publishing company that lives in my condo complex. i will talk to her today.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Sounds like a fun project. It's going to be a lot of work but it does sound interesting. Remember this magazines have deadlines and eat up a huge amount of copy.

Unsolved Rubix

Jun 22, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
Sounds like a fun project. It's going to be a lot of work but it does sound interesting. Remember this magazines have deadlines and eat up a huge amount of copy.

Yea, But I am sure if there are a group of people making it work. It won't be that hard.

There could be section called "Whipper Snippers..ask Deacon" haha

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Oh i dont know,

They won't even give me a complete section here for alternate drive systems. Not enough people thinking outside the box yet. lol.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
About the deadlines, we could publish regularly, at odd intervals. (snork) For now do a test run or 3 and learn what we don't know. There is easily enough copy and pictures already written and posted to do a few editions. We would just need to figure out which, we as individuals would like to contribute for possible publication. I would suggest individuals be made editors of sections, pick material and have cyber or online meetings and a committee of editors decide what will be included in that particular issue.

I humbly suggest that first we decide on a mission statement and course of action. It helps greatly in collaborative efforts to have clear and absolute goals. Every one on the same page sort of thing.

This is fun already.
Since there is no pay, I think we should give each other titles. Dibbs on executive grease-monger!

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I'm for it I'll put in my 2cents for tech articles with pictures. What about a center fold ride of the month and it would include a nice bike picture with a calender that could be removed and put on the wall.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Norman, excellent thunking! With domain name and logo in an upper corner to add to the free advertising and word of mouth PR?

Jun 25, 2008
I think in order to keep test run costs down you develope an e-zine first a .pdf? Its amazing i had the same idea not the other day, i also think we could get a bicycle company like schwinn onboard considering how many of their bikes you guys go through....

cityevader

May 11, 2008
Santa Cruiz, CA
Some of us embrace "the box"...some of us abhor "the box"...some get squished by the very box that others languish to think outside of.

I saw a movie once called The Cube where the box actively went after people.... you should rent it.

NeutronBomb

May 29, 2008
Atlanta!!
www.myspace.com
i already have a zine that i put out. it's a diy guide to doing different things. things to do with motorized bikes is just one of the things i have in there... along with.. homemade burglar alarm, how to rig up a drain for your washing machine in an apartment, how to make a kite.. things like that.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I mentioned a MB magazine years ago and everbody told me I was crazy!! I guess since they are more popular now that's not so crazy. I know some other's where talking about a MB magazine but I think they dropped the ideal, but who know's??
:ride2: