introducing my self and asking some questions

GoldenMotor.com

lightbeast

Mar 12, 2010
IL
hi my goal is to get a nice cruiser bike form wallyworld, and an inexpensive motor kit i have been looking at the blackstallion 48cc kit from gasbiket i would be putting it on a backpedal breaking bike, will that stop me? could i go to 80cc bike and still be able to stop or would i need more breaks than that? also dos any one have the instalation manual for that bike they could send me ? the link website sends for it is broken i want to look at it and see if this is somthign i could do on my own? sorry for my spelling, grammer. and thank you in advance for the help

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Welcome to the forum, lightbeast. Setup and installation is not very difficult(relative to many factors!). The basic kit will go on the basic bike without much need for special tools. If you are looking at a bike with a larger frame, you may need to get a little creative, but still not a big deal. There are many ideas and methods here that can help, whatever your situation.

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
Welcome- you'll probably have to bend a brake arm for a coaster brake, and these brakes aren't very safe at high speeds. I bought a 66/80cc kit, and seems to have okay power(I didn't add any mods). I didn't try a small engine, so i can't compare. I would go with a 66/80cc engine. Good luck on your project!

jimrandolph

Nov 28, 2009
signal mountain, tn.
hi my goal is to get a nice cruiser bike form wallyworld, and an inexpensive motor kit i have been looking at the blackstallion 48cc kit from gasbiket i would be putting it on a backpedal breaking bike, will that stop me? could i go to 80cc bike and still be able to stop or would i need more breaks than that? also dos any one have the instalation manual for that bike they could send me ? the link website sends for it is broken i want to look at it and see if this is somthign i could do on my own? sorry for my spelling, grammer. and thank you in advance for the help
My first build! I went to wallyworld and bought the best mountain bike they had, put a motor on it, it lasted for 2 weeks, then the bike fell apart! get a GOOD BIKE to start, and it will last you. I got a FELT!!!
Jim
.trk

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
"who makes specialize bikes,are the frames any good on them for motors?"

Search around the forum- you'll find some people...

I think an 80cc engine would help you stop better, because it has more air to compress. With the throttle down, it would slow you down better. I think. With throttle, it would of course have more power.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You should not use engine braking (what little there is) with a two stroke. It is starved of oil at that point, and it's not healthy for the rings and other moving parts.

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
Thanks for that info! That makes sense. I guess you're supposed to pull in the clutch and use bike brakes??
I use engine braking with 4-strokes- is that okay?