polished...

GoldenMotor.com

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
polished slant head...

word,-lol.. just got done filing and polishing a slant head from pirate, and a jims creation billet intake from pirate cyles also. working on bullet cluth arm as well... lookin good...

Attachments

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
>.< OMG where's my shades?!? :D

Lookin' good man! Your "supervisor" defo needs to be mounted to the bike too when yer done - looks like he could use the ride lol

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
thanx for the comment-lol, yah the fink is cool but already have the skull mounted up front with headlights for his eyes... more polished parts to come....

Attachments

Last edited:

pdubs

Jan 16, 2010
chicago
Tom, next pic i see better be a bike with an engine on it.. quit polishing and start wrenching!!

but seriously, this guy spends hours polishing parts, pics on a web forum dont justify the time spent here! :D

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
ya, seriously Tom! Get the taping, and painting done, and start figuring out your mounts. As soon as I get my mount from Jim, I'm ordering my engine(Pk80), then polishing just the fins on the block, and head, painting it, and bolting it on! I might shine up the mounting plate and clamps as well. It wont take that long because the aluminum that Jim uses is really nice, and only needs to be sanded with 1500 grit. Unlike the aluminum used in the China-Engines where 80 grit is sometimes the starting point.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Tommy,
I notice the can of Mother's polish in your first photo and I'm curious if that is what you're using to get a shine. If so, have you ever tried a buffing wheel and compound to get the same or better results? I like to use a bench mounted powered buffer and polishing compound. There are compounds made for aluminum, steel, chrome, stainless steel and non ferrous metals like brass and copper. It's much faster than hand buffing and smoothing the metal. I think you'd like the results.
Tom

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
, whats up guys, thanx for the comments. actually 2 door, i just started using a buffing wheel , but prior to the wheels i always just use my hands and a ****load of rubbing. i m a nut like that but i get the job done. i just prchased an aluminum polishing kit from harbor freight tools. i can honestly say though, and that kit comes with black red and white compound, but i will honestly say that the mothers gives a better shine than all 3 of the aluminum compounds put together. there truley is no shine like mothers. just have to sand the metal to where its really soft. i dont know i guess im just down with the sickness. if its aluminum i just have to polish it , even if its a chinese motor thats not even worth polishing-lol. heres a pic of the kit i purchased, but i still prefer most the time to just use a couple microfiber towels, some mothers and my hands. i been using the mothers though with the felt bobs, and that polish really aint for buffin wheels, but if you go slow enough it works miracles.... - Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Tommy,
What works for you is always the best route. I have been unable to find it for several years but there used to be a polishing compound called, X-Treme. It was hands down, the best I've ever tried. I think maybe it was a victim of EPA regs or something. I have no idea what was in it but it was wool-like wadding, something like NeverDull, but pink, and worked much better. It would put a chrome like finish on any metal. Too bad the feds didn't like it. Keep up the pretty work. Your parts look great.
Tom

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
gotta keep it polished, or clearcoat your polished work when done. if i bought a brand new harley( and theres lots of chrome on there) it also will get dirty after a few rides. people sure have somethin against keepin there wheels clean nowadays. i like ratrods, ratbikes and flat black paintjobs, but i also like the blinging polished look as well. ill be blingin my metal off some chicks eyes as i ride by her gettin er all hot-lol....

jbones9869

Nov 24, 2009
Chicago
Hahaha... that last line was priceless! I made a comment in the chat room here about the billet mount... "girls like shiny things that sparkle..." Then someone reminded me that I'm building a "motorized bicycle!" Really took the wind outta my sails... but when my gf saw the part latched onto my frame her exact words were "wow... shiny!" LOL!

pdubs

Jan 16, 2010
chicago
Tom IS on the right track then! guess ill have to get him to polish some stuff on my MB to get my Gf's attention :D :D :D

jbones9869

Nov 24, 2009
Chicago
Hey... the three of us are from chicago... not to steal the thread, but how have chicago police treated mb-ers here? U guys have any run-ins with the law? I don't know what to expect if I get pulled over on one of these things! Plus... since there's already three of us... should we start a mb gang? Just saying...

pdubs

Jan 16, 2010
chicago
obd1kenobi (Ron) and tommyboy live in the Garfield Ridge area.. Ron has been cruising his MB over there for almost 2 years now. maybe he can chime in on popo run-ins. the last story he told me they didnt give him trouble, the copper actually liked it!

i just started my first MB build a few weeks ago, so im not sure how Lyons and Brookfield popo will treat me. F them anyway, as long as i dont get the thing impounded, but im sure they dont want the hassle anyhow!

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I need someone to shine my Harley... hint .....hint.
The police will wait till there is a large bunch then go after ya easier to round ya'll up at one time.
Kidding ya, hope that don't happen, get a police friend interested in them, once he gets one then you might get some needed help.

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
now how cool would it be to get a bunch of us together, wait for the cops to try and pull us all over, and then we all split everywhich way-lol. yah all fun and games till someone gets hurt, or busted.well as far as cops, if they do happened to pull me over and admire my kustom wheels for a min. no problem.if they have a aquestion, " officer its 49cc's and i have a headlight and tailight. plus i was obeying traffic laws". ill be legal. not worried about cops, only worried about not bein free- blastin down the open road. would really like to ditch this political crap city and go somewhere peaceful. " country roads take me home, to the place where i belong! anyone know motorbicycle laws for amsterdam? like to take a bike trip there, head from cafe to cafe.they say the chrome wont get you home, thats why i polish it instead-lol....

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
I have run into 3 different CPD's in my area, and never had a problem. They always gave me "thumbs up", and passed me by. I usually pull the clutch in, and pedal through stop signs anyways since there is one on every block. I don't think we have to worry about anything, but I haven't ridden anywhere else except for the Garfield Ridge area anyway. I only had that one encounter with a cop at night, and he thought it was cool. I shut it off, talked to him for a min or two, then he told me to start it, and take off. So I did exactly that, and he passed me and honked his siren.

jbones9869

Nov 24, 2009
Chicago
Nice to hear that the popo are nice out your way... I live far south so I'm hoping they aren't any less tolerant here. P.s. started working on the motor install today despite not having my custom mount from jim... (I'm a little too anxious I guess). Since it's my first install... let's say I cant get something to work... anyone here gonna be my chicago mb mechanic connection? I'll throw in some cash and a six pack... or smokes... whatever your vice is... I'm just afraid I won't get the thing running!