new here.. whats up every1

GoldenMotor.com

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
hello all! I am new to the site, but not so new to motor bicycling. I built my bike 2 1/2 years ago, when there really wasn't any cool upgrades, or hub adapters, or anything like that. Well maybe there was, and I just didn't search hard enough. Well, I found this site, and I'm ready to build another one! Right now I have a Huffy Sixty Sixer from, I'm guessing early 80's. Its made in USA, and looks good for it's age. I slapped on the 80cc motor kit, and rode it everywhere! I was the only person I ever saw, talked to,or heard about in Chicago for a while. My friend just joined the site, and is building a custom bike as well now. The CPD stopped me a few times and they're like " Where did you get that? How fast does that thing go? Thats cool..." Never hassled me, and I guess appreciated the fact that I had something unique... I will post pics.

My new build is going to be a North Woods Ridge Dale Cruiser. I am planning on using both Manic Mechanic Hub Adapter+ Sprocket, as well as his Engine Mounts. His design, and final product is just simply amazing. Nothing compares (in my opinion). Well, enough for now, time for sleep.
-Ron

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
Welcome to the forum. I too decided to go with all of jims items he sells. I know I won't have to worry so much anymore with his items.

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
Nice Bikes everyone. I am trying to sell mine, but have no luck yet. I can't post pics until I am an active member. Anyways, I've been checking out Acme's twin 2 stroke they have in testing. Anyone hear any new news as to when they might be in production, and for sale?dnut

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
Just ordered the Northwoods Ridgedale. I got for 161. shipped, with a free helmet from abikestore.com. As soon as I get it, I am taking measurements of my hub, seat tube, and down tube so Jim can make my mount, and hub adapter. I plan on making a custom tank, or sourcing an old school round barrel type tank, and mount in on the back. I'm thinking about just running the engine I currently have on my other bike, but it has a lot of miles, and the clutch is in need of replacement. Still deciding. more to come.

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey
hello all! I am new to the site, but not so new to motor bicycling. I built my bike 2 1/2 years ago, when there really wasn't any cool upgrades, or hub adapters, or anything like that. Well maybe there was, and I just didn't search hard enough. Well, I found this site, and I'm ready to build another one! Right now I have a Huffy Sixty Sixer from, I'm guessing early 80's. Its made in USA, and looks good for it's age. I slapped on the 80cc motor kit, and rode it everywhere! I was the only person I ever saw, talked to,or heard about in Chicago for a while. My friend just joined the site, and is building a custom bike as well now. The CPD stopped me a few times and they're like " Where did you get that? How fast does that thing go? Thats cool..." Never hassled me, and I guess appreciated the fact that I had something unique... I will post pics.

My new build is going to be a North Woods Ridge Dale Cruiser. I am planning on using both Manic Mechanic Hub Adapter+ Sprocket, as well as his Engine Mounts. His design, and final product is just simply amazing. Nothing compares (in my opinion). Well, enough for now, time for sleep.
-Ron
whats up and welcome ill start by saying i love chicago 15 yrs ago i was born and raised in rockford (rockbottom) place turned to **** and motorized bicycles are legal there you need nothing i wish jersey was like that any ways peace have a good 1 and i hear manic is closing shop you better move fast if you wand hub adapters later !!!

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
You should hurry up and buy from manic mechanic. He's supposedly going out of business soon. I've heard nothing but good stuff about his business. waht a shame

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
ya, I already placed my order for my engine mount. I figured I'd just buy the engine mount from him, and get the hub adapter from SBP since they have the "common" ones in stock that fit most coaster brake hubs. I measured mine carefully to see if it is within spec, and it is-(1.524-1.528)

Anyways, I built this bike 2 years ago, and it's still going strong,
My 2nd build (Ridgedale) will be a huge improvement over this thing. haha

Attachments

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
Here's a pic of my gas tank, not done yet though. It is kind of a small tank (28 oz.), but I found it in my garage. It is an actual gas tank, not a homemade one, although I was going with the apple juice can style until I found this. I wrapped it in dark brown leather. I am going to use 2 black leather straps to attach to the seat stays, and I'm going to fab up a Aluminum mount to go over the spout (held on by the gas cap), and attach under the seat post clamp. This way here, no holes need to be drilled. I will also be using 1/4' brake line, polished and bent neatly running to the carb.

Attachments

pdubs

Jan 16, 2010
chicago
lol leather wrap.. get a job Roonie

if you need gas tanks sealed, Al's Radiator by me will do so.
i was thinking about hacking 2 coffe cans into one for a larger capacity