Up & Sort'of Running

GoldenMotor.com

bsmajor

Jan 2, 2010
Richmond Hill, GA
I bought a Grubee GT5 for my 14 y.o. son for Christmas. I ride a mc & have "mekanekal attitiude" (sp). We built it together but have had trouble keeping it idling. Have read many of the posts @ carbys. Yesterday the fuel mixture screw vibrated loose & flooded the enginesending gas back out the airfilter. I readjusted, bottomed out then backed off 3.5 turns and is still flooding. starts ok but the fuel runs back thru the air filter when running & keeps flowing even after the engine is stopped until the fuel shutoff valve turned. Am getting tired of cleaning the foam each time I trouble shoot. Tthe carb apart: float is free, needle valve free, tickler is not stuck (don't even use it).

Any suggestions to make this Christmas present a go that keeps going?

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum bsmajor, glad you joined us.

Hmmm, seems like you checked almost everything that would cause the carb to flood. I would say the float level may need to lowered or maybe the float filling with fuel? Some of these floats are known to have pin holes in them.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
i have the same problem. it sprung up around the 1500mile mark unexpectedley.

have yet to troubleshoot it. the little carbs are too junky for me to bother with, got a CNS from a good guy on the boards here to put on :)