Junkyard Restoration Build With Gears [No 56k (Pics)]

GoldenMotor.com

twowheeledfox

Oct 21, 2009
Houston TX
I've made some progress since last time I posted. Don't have the motor or gearbox kit, but everything else is just about ready so I thought to post some pics.

I couldn't post the "detail" pics of the individual pieces but here is a short description of the bike as it stands:

26" junked mountain bike V-frame, restored and painted gloss black.

RST fork and stem, new bearings and polished.

Peugot (french) unpolished steel vintage-style bars.

Dual 3-LED 4.5V headlamps, chromed and battery powered.

Bell bicycle rack (to act as a fender and hold an extra gas can).

3V, 4-LED rear light (not pictured)

Vintage German clutch and front brake levers

Homemade mirror (not pictured).

7-speed cassette

Red Schwinn digital Speedo/Odo

Shimano front rim brakes (no rear brakes on this bike, so the fronts will be highly responsive when tuned).

Cheapo chinese tires and inners.

26" Schwinn black front wheel with quickrelease axle
26" Shimano HD rear wheel with quickrelease axle

Cheapo standard bike seat

RST rear monoshock

All I have so far. If all goes well it will have an 80cc China smoker and a SBP gearbox by December, and maybe an aftermarket tank if I can get some more cash. It'll be an allweather, all times of day, all speed little machine. Makes me feel like I'm in the twenties working on the first ever motorcycles, particularly the fact that we have seperate engines and transmissions on these things. .bld.

Attachments

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Twowheel, Welcome. Looks Like You Will Have A Fine Mab. Dual Suspension Is Great. Not Easy To Find The One`s That Will Work With In Frame Motor. Ron . .cvlt1

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
good start
looks like my last build a giant 26 but no suspension that is somthing i will always have
on every bike from now on.
make sure you post shift kit pics thats my next upgrade whether home made or kit

BUILDERS BUILD