212 hf / schwinn delmar

GoldenMotor.com

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
i noticed on your build that you threaded the end of the shaft i was wondering if you knew something that i didnt.dont want that driven pully comin off

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
well just pulled the trigger on the flywheel and carb from agk!! ill have most of the parts after this !!
glenn

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
i bought a bit and tap prolly do that sometime over christmas i looked everywhere for one already threaded no luck!!

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
latest progress on the roadmaster: I tapped out the jackshaft ends and used bolts and washers to hold everything together, instead of the locking collars. feel alot better about the cvt now. great idea from culver city classic thanks. also i replaced all the bolts on the jackshaft mounts to a propper length. still waiting on carb and flywheel, should be in after christmas. that will give me time to to install a petcock on the tank.

glenn dnut

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
well things have been going kind of slow on the bike again. My carb is on backorder.I have been seriously thinking about brakes on this bike.. I want drum brakes as they look cool a give that vintage look i have a front sturmy archer front drum wheel im going to use but im not digging a coaster brake for back brakes i been wanting to do a drum rear wheel like sportcar pat has on his sportsman flyers but i didnt know what to do! guess what? i figured it out i finnally built a rear drum brake rim with a roadmaster drum. now that i can do this i want to get the drum hub i really want to use.. heres a picture of the roadmaster wheel..

glenn

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
were getting close!! carb and flywheel on throttle cable ,tank,petcock also on just need a throttle/kill now i hope to finally start the engine for the first time this weekend i will have some pics then

glenn

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
i took a picture of the bike this morning to share. bike still needs some work. i did manage to get the throttle hooked up. gapped the coil. and ran the fuel line this evening. i might start it up tomorrow if every thing goes well. man i cant wait to here this thing run!! still need to add brakes and possibly different forks.Really have to see how it handles when i ride it. i like the look but well see..
glenndnut

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
thanks for the compliment. i usually dont run fenders but im sick of getting that nasty mud stripe on my back. it will all come together more when its all painted

glenn

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Looking really nice... Make sure that slide on the carb is all the way down before you start it or you will have a wild horse on you hands... Till ya hit the kill switch.

You are going to be hooked on the performance...

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
thanks for the warning culver, i will hold the reigns tight when i start this mustang!! LOL!! Has anyone tried one of these walmart kickstands they are only 19 bux i need to get one but if its a piece of crap ill get something else..

thanks glenn

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
fired it up for the first time tonight!!! RUNS PERFECT!! i cant believe it it sounds like a little Harley lol i couldnt have ever built something this great without this forum. all you guys come up with great ideas.
thanks Glenn
.flg.

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
took the roadmaster out on its maiden voyage. Even with all the snow i couldnt resist,never went above 15mph.The bike feel super torquey any throttle bursts and it would break traction. i know its snowy but you can just tell. No china girl will ever pull like this thing does. Some people have been saying these engines vibrate maybe at real high rpms but the ride i took today it rode real smooth. No hand numbing vibes. still have a lot to do. discovered a pin hole leak in tank that sucks!!also its idling a little high.just go over all the fastners. i cant wait till the streets get clear..

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
You da man glennbo...you are going to like the way this bike pulls. Took my race bike out today and did not realize how fast it is...it moves.. Keep us updated
Race bike? Fast? Are you serious Jeff? Which race bike?

Nice job Glenn, you're gonna dig that motor more than you can imagine! Watch yourself when the roads dry up......you will break traction as the front wheel aims for the sky, seriously. Have fun and keep it coming!

dnut