royal purple synthetic oil

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I have seen it, but I have never used it personally. I have used Lucas for years until recently. I just converted my 2 strokes to Opti-2 @ 100:1 and I'm sold. I should try Opti-4 next. No more over the counter oil, just prescription Opti-2 :)

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
i use lucass semi synthetic also but royal purple is my favorite brand of oil they make by far the best auto oils on the market !!!!

now if i could only find a local dealer that sells the 2 stroke oil LOLOL

everyone here will tell you all about opti 2 up and down the block...... i have used it but saw no advantage to running 100:1 i find my motors all love a good 32:1 to 40:1 full synthetic or a good semi like lucas (its actually full synthetic mixed with castor oil) i believe.

i find that 42:1 provides enough oil to properly lube everything even at extended 9,000 rpm runs for 10-15 strait min ! no overheating !!!!!!

i would honestly love to see someone try that out on a high performance motor they spent hours and hours building running a 100:1 mix

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Sounds like you had bad results! Just like sexy women... not meant for everyone. :p

My old HP piston port GT5 engine is the motor that I just converted from a long life of lucas/ castor blend to 100:1 opti2. Over two hundred hard miles in 100' heat last week. It does what it says and more. My reed valve engine is loving it even more. The reed engine has only used opti-2 from the start, no other oil. I think I'll take the smokeless paraffin product over castor ricin fumes and carbon build up from here on out.

This was about Royal purple though right??? Isn't Royal purple a mineral based synthetic oil. Mineral meaning Paraffin. That would make it more similar to Opti rather then other competing synthetics. RP is just not as concentrated as Opti, which allows for different mixture ratios. I think paraffin is RP's "advanced technology". That's why cars leak when using a different oil after having used Royal purple. No paraffin seal. Just my $0.02. To every man his own path. :)

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
opti 2 worked good , i just noticed the motor ran a bit hotter even rejetted rich. and from my experiance and to the best of my knowlage... the higher the rpms the more oil is needed to keep up with lubrication and when running 100:1 it kept getting hotter than i wanted it to be and i had to limmit the rpms i drag raced at for fear of over heating and scoring up at around 9,000 rpms... below that however opti 2 worked out great and i was actually able to run a smaller jet and still be a tad rich due to how little oil is in the fuel. i just found that once you got up in the 8500 pluss aria and kept it there the motor would "all of a suddden" over heat real quick even though it was jetted rich on the main, i concluded that it was not recieving enough oil for the friction at those sustained rpms to keep the motor from tearing itself up and that made me nervouse so i switched back to lucas oil

i would love to give Royal Purple a shot but i cant find a dealer for there 2 smoke oil