A GPS Showing A Felt Bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I have the GPS mounted in my Jeep. You can choose from the following: Automobile, pedestrian or bicycle. I wanted to see the different screens for bicycles so I took off in the Jeep but with the GPS set for bicycle. As soon as I hit 20mph it asked me if I wanted to change to automobile! LOL! I told it no and nothing changed. There didn't seem to be anything different between the 2 settings.

Terry

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That is cool Terry. I have a Garmin mounted on a gas tank on one of my bikes. That is gonna be perfect. Thanks for posting!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
My Garmin Nuvi has significant differences on Bicycle setting. It calculates your estimated time differently, and will often route on surfaces streets with lots of turns vs. a simpler route along a freeway or tollway.

I have the GPS mounted in my Jeep. You can choose from the following: Automobile, pedestrian or bicycle. I wanted to see the different screens for bicycles so I took off in the Jeep but with the GPS set for bicycle. As soon as I hit 20mph it asked me if I wanted to change to automobile! LOL! I told it no and nothing changed. There didn't seem to be anything different between the 2 settings.

Terry