Hello from KC

GoldenMotor.com

KClowlife

Jan 1, 2010
Kansas City
Hey,

I've always loved bikes but my knees are getting a bit crappy and I'd really like to be able to get some exercise around town but still make it home without being a sweaty knee blown out mess. So I've started looking at gasbikes. This certainly seems to be one of the better forums around for this and everyone I've talked to in threads has been super nice.

I'm probably going to have to wait until this summer to build out a bike as my van is way behind on maintenance and I need the van for my job. So sorry if I basically ask a ton of newbie questions and don't have much original content to bring to the forum.

By the way, is there a restriction against posting my blog URL in my signature? I know some forums really frown on that. I think some of y'all would dig it. It's mostly video embeds of cute chicks from youtube, a few political rants, fun stories about living in a crappy neighborhood and some music videos from alt country/punk/whatever.

Thanks,
KClowlife

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Since you already have knee problems, you will probably want to build a motorbike that fits you well enough to provide a good pedalling position for pedal starts.

KClowlife

Jan 1, 2010
Kansas City
Yeah, I've always been a bit more of a straight up road bike rider. But with my knee issues I've been thinking about considering something more like a beach coaster kind of frame. Something a little more kicked back and the crank set a bit further forward. Not a tandem, but something kind of half way there.

That said, my first attempt will probably be just to mock up my old Schwinn steel frame road bike since it's what I've got on hand and am broke.