Calm Before the Storm

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Nash-Opel and I took advantage of what might be one of the last good weather weekends in Denver today. We went for a ride along the foothills, passed scores of pedalers and yards of spandex. One of them smirked and shook his head but another one said, "Cool cruisers". We took Happy's brother and he had a great time too. The weatherman is predicting a high of 54 tomorrow and possible snow at the lower elevations. That really stinks, cause today it was in the 80s, sunshine, warm breeze; perfect MB weather. Glad we did it.
Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
we've got the opposite problem in so cal. it's supposed to be in the 90's all week. what a bummer. i mean, do i really have to ride around at the beach, with all those girls in bikinis everywhere?

it's just not fair.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
we've got the opposite problem in so cal. it's supposed to be in the 90's all week. what a bummer. i mean, do i really have to ride around at the beach, with all those girls in bikinis everywhere?

it's just not fair.
Yes, it is mandatory. And you can't wear sunglasses that hide what you're looking at just in case one of them has a body builder boyfriend.
Tom

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I will be in Colorado Springs tues, wed and thurs and rain showers are predicted the whole time.

The spandex guys really hate my motor bike. The will often run red lights or just make a turn to avoid being passed by me. I'm very nice to them (because I am one of them) and they can be hostile at times, but there are some nice roadies out there.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
man... try riding from laguna beach to Newport on the Pacific Coast Hiway on a weekend. there's more spandex in the bike lane than a RATT concert.

i feel like someone's gonna stick their bike pump in my spokes, and scream "CUTTER!" at me while i'm flipping over the bars...*

*(obscure "breaking away" reference)

NashOpel

Jul 10, 2009
Arvada,CO
I started out this moring at around 7am headed down to Toms house, stoped had some breakfast :)
Off I went down south. Road around with Tom, since its his neck of the woods, got to see some real nice views. Left Toms and headed over to Duanes (thatsDax.com). Got to ride his rear mounted titan friction drive. All I can say is WOW. That thing has some power,pulls right through to top speed. Got back home around 4:30 long day playin ;) Its a lot more fun ridin with others!!
.we.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The weather guys were right. High today was 53 and snow down to 6800 ft. My house is at 6200. Darn! Sure glad we went riding yesterday.
Tom