Adam from FlatRock, Mi.

GoldenMotor.com

scoobdiggler

Mar 23, 2014
FlatRock, Mi.
I'm installing a 48or49cc 2stroke FlyingHorse kit from BikeBerry-I am unsure as to what to expect, as this is my 1st build with hopes of future builds. My bike is a very tough pedaler? I've pulled the spark plug, removed the clutch plate, still not @ all a good "just" bike. I was also considering the addition of a jackshaft kit to possibly achieve a better free wheel or easier "start-up" pedaling gear. Any insight and/or help ideas would be greatly appreciated.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
To start with, when you pull the clutch lever can you then pedal the bike around almost normally? It should be a bit harder than it was without the engine, but not all that much.

If not, then you've got a clutch that's not dis-engaging. Or you've got a rear wheel that's bound up on something. Or maybe a drive chain that's bounding up under the clutch release mechanism.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Start here > http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=22726

Your clutch cable is probably not tight enough. Too bad you diaassembled the clutch. Now you'll have to start from scratch to readjust it. Follow the steps in that thread and it will probably answer your questions.

The bike will never pedal as easy at it did without the engine. There will always be some parasitic drag from the chain/sprockets and the clutch cross shaft and other rotating parts. If the clutch is adjusted correctly it can be pedaled, but it won't be as easy as you might want it to be.

Tom

Last edited:

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Off topic a bit, Adam. I once lived in the Americana Mobile Home Park on Telegraph Rd in Flat Rock.

That was more than 30 yrs ago now. And the place was a bit of a wreck back then. Is it still there?

Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
Off topic a bit, Adam. I once lived in the Americana Mobile Home Park on Telegraph Rd in Flat Rock.

That was more than 30 yrs ago now. And the place was a bit of a wreck back then. Is it still there?
I drive past a 3 or 4 parks through there when I go to the junkyard. If it's the one I'm thinking of its still there, and is the nice one of the bunch. Its like 1 nice park and a few other ones that I always figured were occupied by the people kicked out of the nice one.

With that said, I do visit that yard usually once a month so, Adam if you get really stuck on this send a pm out. Maybe our schedules will match somewhere along the way. I'm down telegraph by ford rd.