new old cruiser engine issues

GoldenMotor.com

lukbrw

Jul 9, 2012
WI
I just picked up two bikes and these are my first motorized bikes. I have experience with two stoke tuning from our previous Aprilia RS50.

The previous owner said these never ran perfect. I'm sure it was tuning issues. I cleaned out the carb and changed the plug wire and it was running. But only with the choke on. There is no throttle response at all. After riding for a few minutes, I could move the choke a little and it would run better, but still no throttle response. I pull in the cluch and it just dies.

Is this an air leak issue? I have a gas leak which I'm guessing is just from the bowl gasket. Also, what plug should I be using. Everything is stock.

Attachments

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
And NGK plug is preferring.
Have you cleaned the bowl out? If not, do so (Obviously) when you change the bowl gasket out.

It may be running lean. If you, you might need to re-jet to run richer.

Do you run an air cleaner? I don't notice one.

lukbrw

Jul 9, 2012
WI
The previous owner broke the filter cover, so I haven't been able to run it with the filter yet....even though I would want to.

I cleaned out everything on the carb and the bowl is spotless. I also added the fuel filter since the needle was clogging every time after the first couple of rides.

What NGK park number?

What jet would be recomended and any suggestions for the best place to get them?