Not a Single motorized bicycle in Cincinnati

GoldenMotor.com

ricland

Jul 27, 2008
I've never seen one motorized bike in cincinnati and I've lived here five years.

I'll have mine on the road in a week and maybe it will be the first.

I'll zoom by and people will say, "What da faa?!"

ricland

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Re: Not a Single MB in Cincinnati

Same here in Honolulu, Hawaii. I've been interested in motored bikes for 3 years now, and I've never seen another one anywhere. Everyone just stares as I pass them by, or they're shocked as heck. I wonder what the bus riders think when I overtake their bus.

Hawaii is the moped capital of the world. Those guys run past my house at all hours of the day and night. I'd love to have a moped or Vespa scooter. However, mopeds get stolen all the time here, and I wouldn't want to worry about mine.

No one looks to steal my bicycle, as they would a moped. However, I still chain my bike's frame, the friction drive and my seat when I park.

Thieves love to steal seats and wheels here.

ricland

Jul 27, 2008

Same here in Honolulu, Hawaii. I've been interested in motored bikes for 3 years now, and I've never seen another one anywhere. Everyone just stares as I pass them by, or they're shocked as heck. I wonder what the bus riders think when I overtake their bus.

Hawaii is the moped capital of the world. Those guys run past my house at all hours of the day and night. I'd love to have a moped or Vespa scooter. However, mopeds get stolen all the time here, and I wouldn't want to worry about mine.

No one looks to steal my bicycle, as they would a moped. However, I still chain my bike's frame, the friction drive and my seat when I park.

Thieves love to steal seats and wheels here.
Talk about trouble in Paradise...

Would not have believed moped thievery is as bad as all that in, of all places, Hawaii.

Why don't you start building and selling MBs?

As far as Cincinnati is concerned, I'm getting out of this place. You can't buy any of the things you want here. Whenever I see something on the internet I'd like to try, I've always got to mail away for it; never is there someone within driving distance selling it.

With the exception of knockwurst and beer, you can't buy anything here.

ricland

ricland

Jul 27, 2008

Okay, I have to ask.....What is Knockwurst?

Main Entry:
knock·wurst Listen to the pronunciation of knockwurst
Variant(s):
also knack·wurst \ˈnäk-(ˌ)wərst also -ˌvu̇(r)st, sometimes -ˌvu̇sht\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
German Knackwurst, from knacken to crackle (of imitative origin) + Wurst wurst
Date:
circa 1929

: a short thick heavily seasoned sausage

ricland

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

Yeah, ricland, almost every moped owner I've spoken to had their bike stolen or an attempt made to steal them.

Someone here is selling the kit or bike, but it's a tough market. And you know that chinese engines need quite a bit of maintenance and care. There's no market for motorized bikes here. Moped is king here. Everybody wants one because you can keep up with traffic. Besides, there are several moped repair shops here, but not one motorized bike repair shop.