24" rear wheel

GoldenMotor.com

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
I know its been done but I want to put a 24" rear wheel on my 26" cruiser.

Does anyone have any pics of this setup.

How much top end will I loose?

furament

May 31, 2009
ontaro
sorry that bike is 24 in desined for those tires dont get me rong nice bike. evrey thing ive done has been 24 on 26 dont ask i dunno y looks kool im short more room no matter the only thing you realy have to get useto is brakes they will be on the sidewall of the tire and youll eat pads. lots they dont wanna work wet. neather do i but if you go for the smaller tire on a standerd frame you wont realy have the room for the 24x3 tires there selling now grrrrrrr it would look kool unless you know wanna make it work :)

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
sorry that bike is 24 in desined for those tires dont get me rong nice bike. evrey thing ive done has been 24 on 26 dont ask i dunno y looks kool im short more room no matter the only thing you realy have to get useto is brakes they will be on the sidewall of the tire and youll eat pads. lots they dont wanna work wet. neather do i but if you go for the smaller tire on a standerd frame you wont realy have the room for the 24x3 tires there selling now grrrrrrr it would look kool unless you know wanna make it work :)
Dude, what are you talking about????? I own the same exact bike, it's a Ridgedale Northwoods 18.5" frame with 26"x2.125 in stock form. The one in the picture has been converted with 24" rims and 24"x3.00 tires......trust me! They look like they fit fine to me. Read and learn. Here's a pic of mine (same exact 18.5" aluminum frame), and I'm running 26"x 2.30 tires!

Here's what the guy that went 24" did to make it that!!! Read and learn!
BobN

Comments: 6 Thanks for ALL your great comments!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To see the finished up-to-date bike pics... please see "BikeCooster". Once I got started, the bike took about 4-months to put together (weekends mainly)

Below will give you a run-down of what's been implemented on the bike and answer some of your questions:

* The 26" beach cruiser bicycle was purchased new at Costco for $125.00
* Front Forks was replaced (from another bike) with a suspension forks that has integrated disk brakes
* Handle Bar was replaced with a taller bar for comfort from a sitting position
* Wheels was replaced with 24" Wheel (from a bike I purchased at Goodwill for $10.00 to lower the bike for my height)
* Tires was replaced with Innovo FatCat 24x3.0 (widest that will fit for this type of frame) purchased on-line from "bicycletires.com". I did all the lacing and truing (never done it before... it was an experience, but not too difficult)
* Installed an Analog Speedometer
* Installed a Key Switch (for ease of turning "ON" and "OFF")
* Installed a more comfortable Seat
* Installed a Brake and Turn Signal light
* Installed a removable front Basket (for carrying stuff)
* The rest I got from Bicycle-Engines.com - 4-stroke motor, long muffler, Rear Gas Tank, HD Wheel Hub, Rear Brakes, Dual Brake Lever, Stand.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know. I definitely not an expert at this, but I can convey as to what I've experienced.

Thanks
BobN
Any questions?

Last edited: