Brand New ready to build

GoldenMotor.com

AndyBernard

Jul 20, 2008
I have just joined and am ready to build. I am really new to everything and would love some direction on where to start and how to build this bad boy. I have been looking around the site and love all the information. If anyone has any pointers or specific posts to look at to help me get started, that would be great.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
hey Andy, welcome aboard
I'm sure someone will be around shortly to point you in the right direction soon
good luck and happy motoring

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello Andy, Welcome to the forum...glad you joined us :D

Do you have a bicycle yet?

Have you decided on a 2-stroke or 4-stroke?

Would you like a rear mount or center mount motor?

If you already have a bicycle, look at this thread to see if your bike will fit a center mount or a belt drive rear mount. If not, most rear mount chain or friction drive will fit most bicycles....http://motorbicycling.com/f3/what-kind-bike-would-you-recommend-510.html

How mechanical are you? The two-stroke takes a little more work and a lot of maintenance. The four strokes cost a whole lot more then a 2-stroke.

You can find a dealer here or check ebay...alot of the dealers also sell on ebay....http://motorbicycling.com/f3/find-dealer-review-1730.html

There is also a few that sell complete bicycles if you want to go that route

If you have any questions feel free to ask...always someone here willing to help out.
:ride2:

AndyBernard

Jul 20, 2008
I have a Trek Mountain Bike. I am a beginner mech. and I would like to start with something on the cheaper side so I can practice and get better before I go for the 4 stroke. I wanted to use a weed eater engine or something like that. I am going to have to do a lot of research with it though because I am completely green with all this.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Well I have not built a weedeater bike yet....I do have three motors and still gathering parts little by little. Hopefully soon I can get my hands dirty and get it going but have been very busy.

One will be a 31cc friction drive, the second is a 33cc centrifugal clutch with a 2 speed gearbox. The third 31cc motor is just for parts.

The 33cc will be a chain drive using the bicycle existing sprocket (hopefully)
I will have pics up soon.

Check this forum out...DIY Home Built Motorized Bicycle (non kit) - Bicycle Motor at Motorized Bicycle Forum

:bike2:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi andy and welcome to the site. lots of good information here and sharp motor bicycle builders that i am sure will be glad to help you all they can. glad to have you with us
:ride2: