help me please!!:(

GoldenMotor.com

loko123

Oct 6, 2009
australlia
just bought a engine bike kit 4stroke one, its done about 3 hours.

was just riding it home today and sudenly it lost all power like the chain came off, thats what i thought it was at first, but when i looked it was still on, and the engine still running.

so my gearbox has stuffed up and i was wondering if any one knew something at all that might help me fix it or something.

it sucks cuz i havent even got my moneys worth out of it yet, rode it like 3 times..:-||

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Sounds like a clutch problem there will be some folks along to help you its early still. Any noises? What kind of gear box is it, if you dont know where did you buy it? What was the name of the kit?

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
Those gearboxes have a reputation for failing in the first few miles. My buddy got about 20 miles on his first one and even less on the replacement. I have 4 of those kits and afraid to even install them untill a low cost reliable gearbox comes along.

loko123

Oct 6, 2009
australlia
i just tryed taking the gear box apart and it wont split. took out all the bolts but something in side the gear box is holding it together. should i force it open ? does any one know where i could go for any instructions on the the gearbox its self ? when i bought it it said nothing about the gearbox.

and also could it be the fact that i put oil in the gearbox? like its just sliping on the oil, had it drain last night, fair bit of oil came out.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
That looks like a Grubee or a JL knock off gear box. I do not know why you all keep buying these. They are notorious for being unreliable. For every 1 person that has a good one, there are 100 that have bad ones. The only help you should get is from the seller. Tell the seller you want a refund and send it back. The only good setups out there are Titan using Rack mount, IFFM, or using Friction drive. Note that all these use no Grubee or Grubee knock off parts. Also. I have heard that EZ has a good Center In frame Belt Drive Gear box. Not sure what SHS motor he is using since the S HS factory has several different style motors. But.. The S HS motor you have is a fantastic motor, but there are very few gear boxes that will fit it. Most of the gear boxes that fit your motor are the Poorly Engineered ones. Sorry.. But thems the facts !! And.. Sorry you did not enjoy the ride..

jdmpunk

May 4, 2009
ohio
dax the titan you sell is 50cc and has a clutch unit on it centrifical i assume. camlifter and i have been playing with a gx35 honda with a three speed. how much for the motor and clutch unit. i want more power!!!!!!!dnut thanks kyle acmemotorbikes.com

loko123

Oct 6, 2009
australlia
one question for you thatsdax, can you sell me a good gearbox ? i looked on your site and it looks like you got a heap of bikes with the same engine as mine!, would you have any spare gearboxes around ? or are them engines different 2 mine ??

and just on a nother note i stared the engine up and it seems to be still turning the drive shaft but only when i get the revs up, could this mean that it indeed sliping on the oil that i put in it? could it just be a matter of letting it dry out? i really wana figguer out how to take it apart if any ones knows how ?

Attachments

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
That looks like a Grubee or a JL knock off gear box. I do not know why you all keep buying these. They are notorious for being unreliable.
If I'm not mistaken figure 8 shaped like his is Hoot, others are oval? Or do I have it backwards? And I've heard they are not as bad as Hoot reliablility wise?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
o_O

careful, the villagers are gettin' out their torches again - never malign a 4stroke for their added complexity :D

*flees in abject terror*

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
If I'm not mistaken figure 8 shaped like his is Hoot, others are oval? Or do I have it backwards? And I've heard they are not as bad as Hoot reliablility wise?
You are correct. It is a Hoot. Grubees work well, a little noisy in some instances, but pretty reliable.

...and yes, remove the bolts, get it open, get rid of the oil...and check those keys.

loko123

Oct 6, 2009
australlia
managed to get the gear box apart (required some good old force) figgured out what was goin on with the gearbox aswell, (****y workmanship) the case around the cintrifical clutch had a cog welded to it which under 3 hours of use broke there for loseing all power, so today i just welded it back up,
(properly) hopefuly it will hold up for longer than a few rides. but what really has me woried is how much wear was on that cog that is welded to the clutch housing, after 3 hours the teeth on it look worn and really brittle, its like they made it out of the crapest steel u could find, any way was wondering if any one knew of any better gearboxes out there that will fit on to my motor and still have the chain in line ect..