kill switch not working

GoldenMotor.com

Alanj

Jun 18, 2009
ontario
hi

i just installed my 35cc 4 stroke robin-subaru
the kill switch is a red button with one wire going back to below the carb.

how does one wire stop the motor?
is the button defective?

do i get a toggle switch?
how do i toggle switch one wire

i ave done household wiring and for lights, there are two wires. the switch connects the circuit. i do not understand a one wire kill switch.

it works sometimes,

no question is stupid, but there are stupid people, like me
:-||

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
the kill switch might have metal on the bottom of it to where it contacts to the frame and that would be your ground. if it does put a wire on it and loop it to the black wire from your cdi/magneto. if not it's missing a wire.

Alanj

Jun 18, 2009
ontario
so, when i push the button, it should contact bare metal on the handle bar?

should i sand off the pain on the handle bars so it can contact the bare metal frame?

thx
al

bamabikeguy

Jun 28, 2008
Holly Pond, AL
picasaweb.google.com
That $4 item is an inferior design, but I beef them up and they work every time.

What you'll need is a little bit of black electric tape and a drop of glue, I use hot plastic but I'd guess
that Elmer's might work.

Bend and remove the strap out of the two slots, set aside the spring and red disk.

The wire is soldered, and the grounding out place is where the wire touches the metal as it comes out the button, they've stripped away too much of the yellow covering.

First wrap some tape over that bare wire, plus push the black outer housing up to that spot where the wire emerges from the bottom of the button.

Then on the far end of the black outer housing, (the end near the engine) wrap some more electrical tape on it, so it won't slide.

Reassemble the button, and before you put back the red disk, put a drop of glue at the emerging point. Now the layer of tape will not move either, the bare wire won't touch any metal until you press the button.

Put the red disk and strap back together. Sanding a bare spot might be necessary, but usually it works without sanding.

Alanj

Jun 18, 2009
ontario
thx fella's

situation fixed with your help with the button.
i will pick up a toggle switch. the button works now, but i may as well be sure and upgrade.

al