Would there be any interest in a raffle?

GoldenMotor.com

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Just wondering if we could get 20 or so members that would want to throw ten bucks into the pot.
We could have a draw of some kind with a prize of an engine kit delivered to your door.
Any thoughts or ideas? I'd say the odds of winning would be better than any lottery, a 1 in 20 chance!

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Looks like we would have no problem finding enough members. That's cool.
We just have to come up with the how,where and who part. We need to find a person or place to send our ten bucks to and come up with a way to pick a winner. It would be nice if this site did it but I don't want to put more of a burden on them.
I vote for deacon because he is trustworthy and most everyone knows him. Maybe we can also make sure that there is a little bit of money in the pot that will be left over for whoever handles this.
What do you think Deacon?

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
TOY Deacon would be the man for the job.If Deacon wants in on the raffle you could use my paypal.HD

Last edited:

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
I would be interested , i think a raffle would be a nice idea to promote this wondeful forum of MB knowledge

HARLEYS DAD
and I gotta ask, who the heck is Harley anyways ? I never seen no mention of your son here in the forums , so am wondering why you always sign off that way ?

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Well if we can figure it out simple enough I'll do whatever you guys want. I will not participate so you decide. Rather than a name drawing though, let me suggest that we go with a guess of some kind. Some thing that changes daily but can be verified. Like the old numbers game. A sporting event or something like that maybe.

Just let me know if you want me to manage the money. I would also like it to be something open and above board, like posting the guesses here so we can all know that it was a fair game. Of course with site approval. It the mods say no I'm out.

Last edited:

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Harley is my 3 year old lab k9.He is by my side 24/7.Every step i make he makes,the same with my wife.He is attack trained and will be drug certified soon.Since he cant open the truck door yet i guess i am his dad.HD

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Now I like that image.... I have two dogs that are dinner certified. They can sniff out a meal anytime. I have no idea if they would defend me or not, but they will definitely wake me up so I can defend myself.

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Thanks Deacon and I agree, the site has to approve.
I got this idea the other day from a Jamaican guy. What they do is get a group of 10 together, throw $500 into a pot and every month each of them takes a turn at getting the pot. There is no scam or anything illegal, it's just a way of one day, having five grand cash in your pocket!
As for this idea, it's just a way of one lucky person getting a kit for ten bucks. The others will have "donated" ten bucks towards this kit so it's not a big deal.
I'd like to see more things like this on this site, I'd like to see contests and rewards and step up the pace a little.
I'm not sure of how to pick a winner but we have to make sure there is a winner.
Could it work if we were all given numbers as we go through this thread? I guess I would be #1 and Dan would be #2. I'm just not sure of how to pick the winner

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Deacon could choose a number between 1and100,only he knows it .We could pick and post a number between 1and100 the closest wins.HD

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
No lets pick a baseball game at the end of the time limit... Guess the total score of both teams... then the score of one team as a tie breaker. Something like that. So that there can be no chance of a screwup.....

My opinion.... then it really runs itself....Name the game in advance so everyone knows the deal

Last edited:

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
Please keep it simple . The ticket buyers could be assigned a number between one and 100 , one number per ticket . Deacon could then start picking numbers out of a hat until one of the numbers hits . so you don't have to sell all one hundred to have the draw . Just keep drawing until a taken number hits . .... D.J.

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
Harley is my 3 year old lab k9.

hahaha Thanks Doc for the explanation Now I understand what ya mean .. Man thats a funny visual to say the least , but if you go by the bark of a dog My tiny chiwawa's would eat Harley for lunch !! hahah just kidding... again thanks for clearing that up for me

Last edited:

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
I also see that this could go an other exciting way . I have a spare motor kit in a box that I don't need any more . My thought is to raffle it off here . I would keep whatever the shipping cost would be and donate the rest to my favorite charity or have our forum adopt a charity or select a voted charity of the month . We could get rid of the clutter , give to a good cause and get the parts we want . .... D.J.

dance1

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Deacon, you're a pretty handy guy. Think you could build a box with an air induction on the bottom and a vacuum sucker on the top? Once that's made, put ping-pong balls in it with our numbers on them and you'd have a lottery machine.