Riding motorized bicycle to a motorcycle get together

GoldenMotor.com

calvynandhobbs

Aug 28, 2008
Ledyard, CT
Dan and I just finished putting my motorized bicycle together this past weekend and I ran across a Blessing of the Bikes thing going on at a church here in Groton, CT on Apr. 26th. It's only about 6 miles from the house so I'm thinking about riding my newly assembled motorized bicycle over there. I haven't been around motorcycle riders much so I don't know if they will laugh or think it's cool. What do you guys think? Should I brave it and park in between a bunch of Harleys?

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Re: Riding MB to a motorcycle get together

The cma is most likley the ones doing the blessing,our club would love to have you,as would theirs.If they laugh tell them yours is paid for.HARLEYS DAD

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

If they are REAL motorcyclists, they will think you are the coolest thing there, since you will be the only one of your type there.

Go for it.

It's a blessing of the bikes, not a who's who of one-upsmanship.

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN

Yep, my next door neighbor rides a Harley Road King- he loved my bike...he's only got 93 cubic inches on me.

calvynandhobbs

Aug 28, 2008
Ledyard, CT

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to ride my mb over there. I just dropped my rear wheel off at a bike shop to get a couple spokes replaced and get it tuned. I should get it back next Tuesday and get several days of riding in before bike blessing.

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.

Dan and I just finished putting my MB together this past weekend and I ran across a Blessing of the Bikes thing going on at a church here in Groton, CT on Apr. 26th. It's only about 6 miles from the house so I'm thinking about riding my newly assembled MB over there. I haven't been around motorcycle riders much so I don't know if they will laugh or think it's cool. What do you guys think? Should I brave it and park in between a bunch of Harleys?
...YES...come to newlife in meriden if Will does it this year!!!! I have found that Most REAL bikers respect the fact that you built it yourself,I have chained up in front of a local MC hangout for a quick libation with positive results (I do know these guys though) but still be carefull if ur not sure, I have had some instances where you would have thought I said something bad.
hey,in my opinion anyone with a wad of cash can ride the bike of thier dreams,I started with a couple c notes and im happy, if that offends anyone im truly sorry .im just going from a to b .shft.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas

go for it! I rode my mb to a biker event at lefors last summer and entered it in the bike show I didn't win but the winners were on each side of me and all were impressed that I rode it there over 12 miles.

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque

I rode my MB down Central Ave downtown on a sunny Saturday afternoon once. There were LOTS of bikes and bikers riding, hanging out on pub patios, sitting on their bikes being cool. I did get a lot of attention and some laughs but the laughs were friendly ones and I got a few cheers too. At a stop light I got into a engine revving battle with a guy on some 113 CI fire breathing monster chopper. Everyone laughed at that. You won't have any trouble with bikers. They'll love your bike.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

I've been approached by bikers to look and ask questions, I've been waved at by passing bikers on the street and even invited to stop by one of the local biker bars for a beer. Bikers, even the hard core tattoo crowd are, for the most part, gear heads and anything with wheels and an engine, they'll find interesting. Go for it, you'll have fun, guaranteed,

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.

If they are REAL motorcyclists, they will think you are the coolest thing there, since you will be the only one of your type there.

Go for it.

It's a blessing of the bikes, not a who's who of one-upsmanship.
Pastor Will called it the Blessing of the BIKERS wich I thought was pretty cool,I know I can use all the blessings I can get,it was a neat relaxed service and alot of cool folks,I really hope he does it againusflg

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest

Many miles down the river from me is the UNI district I somethimes speak of. It's the largest
town near here with the Universities & Colleges, but on the downriver side of the town is
a Hardee's Burger place with a BIG parking lot that has the street rod & custom shows all the
time. I hope when I can get my "vintage" ride together (which I'm still collecting stuff to build
with) I'll show up there on it and possibly wear some vintage clothing or "Steam Punk" (think TV
show "Wild Wild West") clothing that connects the past with the future tech.

Above the Hardee's headed back to the UNI district there's a church with a big "Bikers Welcome"
sign out front. Often on Sunday morning the bikers show up there for breakfast after an early
morning run before it gets too hot and have a brunch together and then go to that Church. I
think it's a excellent outreach that Church has. :) (I notice the guys are dressed more plain &
casual on Sunday than they would on a Saturday run when they fly colors)

Shadeslay

Feb 25, 2009
Arroyo Grande, Ca

My neighbor and most of his friends ride harley's. They think MB's are way cool, he even joked around that I cruise with them, if only I could keep up. Most of the guys I run into think MB's are pretty cool, the ladies however, have a good giggle.

Last edited:

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.

I had a couple of chicks laugh at me once,I told them they should worry about having one color paint in thier car before laughing at my Ride

calvynandhobbs

Aug 28, 2008
Ledyard, CT

I just got back from the Bike Blessing and had a great time. I think my MB was the most looked at bike in the entire lot of probably over 300 bikes. I had several photographers ask me to stand next to it and two of them from local newspapers asked for my name and everything and said they were going to make sure my bike gets a picture in the paper. I'll post up the link when it comes out. It was fun and the Harley riders really liked it. I was even in the lineup for the blessing in the middle of a bunch of custom bikes.