Onex rear sprocket too close to frame

GoldenMotor.com

DDbike

May 5, 2014
Johnson City, TN
OK,

I am new to this. But I have read all the threads I could find before writing this thread.

My rear wheel sprocket seems to stick out so that my chain does not have enough clearance. The chain appears it will rub up against the frame. I have dished the sprocket correctly. If I dished it inward it may give me more room but it sounds that this would be the wrong thing to do.

I have added two additional washers on the axle post and could add two more but this would but some stress on the rear frame and I am not sure if that is the best solution.

I wish that my rag joints were a little thinner ... this would give me more room.

Is there a way to tighten my spokes and draw the hub further away?

The Onex will have a 4 stroke HS.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Why not dish your sprocket inwards?
Posting good pics from different angles will get you suggestions.
Ditto:
Where did you hear that having the sprocket dished so the teeth were toward the inside was bad? Flip it over. That will give you close to a 1/4" of clearance.

Have you actually had the chain on or are you just eye-balling it? Lay a straightedge against the rear sprocket so it touches two places and extends forward past the frame and tire. That will give you an idea of the chain path. It's also how to align the drive and driven sprockets.

Tom

DDbike

May 5, 2014
Johnson City, TN
Thanks, i will start adding pictures in the future.

I have watching some utube videos and saw seperate ones that said the dish should go out. the reason was that somehow this drives the chain away from the spokes.

I will invert it.

The clearance problem appears to be the bottom part of the frame as the chain returns to the sprocket.

Inverting it will give what I need.