New Ride

GoldenMotor.com

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Here it is! Running my dual pull brake lever to actuate both brakes! The kit is not a typical ebay kit which I usually order. What you see here is all stock and came with the kit. The clutch was NOT seized from the factory, the paint job is a dark GREY, not SILVER... very glossy and smooth(not the typical metallic silver paint, the kits come with), very unusual. It may be hard to tell by the pictures. I will take some more pictures later and try to get some better shots so you can see the paint difference. ALSO, the manifold is held on by TWO allen head bolts, not the typical stud and acorn nut ordeal with most of the kits. The manifold is also a SHORTY(looks just like the short upgrade you can get) This is the SAME kit that is sold on JNmotorsbikes. If you saw the kit in person, you'd definitely notice the paint. It also came STOCK with the short manifold. It was about -2 degrees at LEAST... outside last night. I spent all day building in nice heat, took it outside and she fired right up, haven't heard the sweet sound of a new HT engine in several months! I took the head off and reversed it because the plug was pointing forward out of the box, I don't like that. I noticed it had a LARGE amount of lubrication inside as well, just keeps getting better and better! Has a 40 tooth sprocket, came with an odd looking front mount as well. I scored myself a nice deal, as soon as it's 20-30 degrees, I'm bundling up and starting the break-in period. This is THE nicest engine kit I've ever owned, blows my old bikeberry Grubee Flying Horse RIGHT out of the water in quality. RIGHT AWAY, I didn't even open the stock 415 chain that was included, I bought 10 feet of #41 roller chain from fleet farm, threw it right on! I am very EXCITED!

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Lookin good. If it fired easily in that weather, it should really run great in the spring.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Thanks WB6! I rode it around for a good hour and a half today! Smooth ride, good clutching, not too hard to squeeze, I'd ride all day if I didn't have stuff to do! Added the muffler clamp and adjusted my chain tensioner a bit, smooth ride, my best yet! Fired right up today too, has a great master spark plug...not too sure about that one, may end up buying an ngk B5HS for this cold weather. Runs awesome! The clutch plate has several small holes in it from the factory...like breather holes, really cool! It's got good grab, no slippage AT ALL! I am excited!