Trek Calypso Project finished! Nice stable build!!

GoldenMotor.com

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
A fine looking machine.

Does that bike have some different geometry to it? Taller than many bikes maybe? Or was it the fish eye lens?
It's a 26" frame with 26" wheels like usual. Anyway.....this motor has a seized crankcase, I ordered a new motor and am waiting for it to come in the mail, I have since then made some other changed to the bike, I will be posting more pictures, and eventually upgrading the partsm, the nice thing about my frame is that the standard clamps fit! No U-bolt mount this time! Woo-hoo! :) I'll have the covers painted black, but the rest of the motor will be the standard silver color. It's a very smooth ride! I love it to death, that's what's nice about vintage bikes. It's a vintage trek, quality build too, running the NGK B6HS plug, 20:1 ratio. The leanest I'll ever run my motor is 24:1.

Ratt_Bones

Aug 2, 2013
Appleton, Wi.
You have a 2010 Trek Calypso. Not quite vintage. Trek Started out in 1984 or something like that, I think they had some late 70's hand made road/touring stuff. That's about as vintage as Trek gets. None the less, it's a great frame for motor mounting. Which is why I picked it up for you. If I remember right, the Calypso was a 7-speed beach cruiser with a twist shift. Not important really.

Ratt_Bones

Aug 2, 2013
Appleton, Wi.
Good looking rig.
Can you give some info on your front wheel set up? I'm really digging that.

Dan.
I forgot the brand of the wheel, but I had been haggling with the shop owner who had it for some time. It was just one of those rare items he did not want to part with. I finally snagged it from the guy for him, but it cost me a rare Indian complete ride. It was a barter deal, so I walked away with a few more things for his bike.

Dude's got a smooth ride kicking now.
Good luck to him on his future endeavors and builds.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
I forgot the brand of the wheel, but I had been haggling with the shop owner who had it for some time. It was just one of those rare items he did not want to part with. I finally snagged it from the guy for him, but it cost me a rare Indian complete ride. It was a barter deal, so I walked away with a few more things for his bike.

Dude's got a smooth ride kicking now.
Good luck to him on his future endeavors and builds.
Actually this motor is done really bad luck, threw a lower bearing, tore it apart and the thing doesnt even have a needle bearing! Just a lousy bushing for the piston LOL, I have another ordered and on the way! Different ebay seller this time, it's one of those skyhawk knock-off deals. As for the frame, it doesn't really look like a 2010, it looks older! Maybe it was because it was sitting around, collecting dust? Aging uselessly in someone's house? My motor was wrecked due to a factory flaw, I had to replace all of the studs in the jug because my nuts were sheered off!(lol get your mind out of the gutter) I replaced them with bolts, and what not, I emailed the seller and he said return it, I didnt bother because he would blame me for its' mishap and then not admit fault...so anyway I told him, forget it, I'll order a new motor from you soon! SO then I go to order a motor and he had blocked me from buying stuff from him, so I messaged him saying I had money and was willing to pay. He sent me a message saying ....you not happy with chinese motor you may want made in USA better....(lousy english for one thing) and I said the motor quality was FINE I just had a problem with MY individual motor...so I ended up switching sellers, ordered and then he finally sent me an invoice to order his and I eneded up declining it! This is what severe headaches must be made of!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Front drum brake looks like an Arai. I bought an Arai drum hub on Ebay and got a shop to lace it up.