My New Build

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Here are a few pics. I was board so I mocked the bike up. I'm still waiting on my wheels. And, no fenders. Lol. Paint is not quite done as well.

What do you guys think of the white walls? I'm starting to like them... I was wanting hookworms, but the more I look at the white walls they are growing on me.

View attachment 64363
That's awesome!
Like said love the white walls, and the extension they give a little more room for wheel also..............Curt

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Finally got the dropout extensions finished. Just need to do a little fine tuning and then get them welded up!

I have an image in my head of how I want the bike to look, but when I actually look at the bike I realize it is going to take a lot of work!

View attachment 64697
Be Kool if you could find some button head allen bolts and put the nuts on the inside.....Just my thoughts..........Curt

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Well guys...hopefully I will make some progress on this build over the holidays. My finances are coming back around. Just went through a divorce and am now a full time single daddy! The ex got the bright idea to drain the accounts before she moved....crafty gal figured out my new password :(

Anywho...I was about to buy a dyno glide I found but the seller has not returned my calls so I'm moving forward with the schwinn.

I'm mounting the engine vertically! But, my OCD is kicking in and I'm questioning myself as to how will I know I've mounted the engine mounting plate "square" to the seat post tube? I over analyze everything. Lol. Maybe Scotto or CCC will chime in and give me a few tips and tricks.....

My goal is to have a build that looks half as good as theirs....they build some top quality sh!t.......

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Well guys...hopefully I will make some progress on this build over the holidays. My finances are coming back around. Just went through a divorce and am now a full time single daddy! The ex got the bright idea to drain the accounts before she moved....crafty gal figured out my new password :(
Ah, my second wife pulled a little something like that. I get a call, Mr Livengood we repossessed your car. Me:uh, why? Bank: your 3 months overdue. Me: Lol....followed by the B word. I guess while I was busy making a living she was pulling the past dues out of the mailbox. Her car was paid up 4 months. But hey, in the end I wound up taking pretty much all her bills to save my credit. Anyways, congrats on getting custody, kids are terrific!

Maybe Scotto or CCC will chime in and give me a few tips and tricks.....

My goal is to have a build that looks half as good as theirs....they build some top quality sh!t.......
Aint that the truth. Ive been inspired to learn how to weld again because of Jeffs tanks lol. Yeah the first one should be pretty rough haha.

Take care and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Dan.

Big Bill

Jun 3, 2011
arizona
Your bike is looking great , I like the white walls .

I like the CCC clamp on motor mount method it works great, if
you do welding make sure you have some one that knows what they
are doing, my first build frame cracked around the welds because
he used to much heat.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Couple pics of my layback seat post. I bought one like this a year or so ago from pirate cycles, but it doesn't fit this seat tube. So, made one just like it at work that was the right size! Can't beat free.....

image.jpg

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
image.jpg

Not much to update. Got my new grips and throttle cable from sbp. I just waiting on my tires and wheels to arrive, as well as, my new handlebars. Once I get the wheels and tires on, I will get my motor mounts welded in place. I want the bike at ride height first before I weld the mounts in place.

Sorry this build is taking so long, but if you've read this thread you know I've been dealing with some things...

So......I open the shed for the first time since the divorce and guess what's missing? MY 79cc PREDDY!! Yep.....she took it, sold it, or threw it away! God I'm pissed! Looks like I gotta get a new one. :-(

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Picked up another one today.....

image.jpg

I ordered a shaft bolt kit from AGK. It came with a white, plastic spacer. You can see it in the pic. What is it used for because it doesn't fit over the shaft?

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
image.jpg

My front hub arrived today. Hopefully the wheels and tires will arrive Friday. Then, I can drill out the hub to accept the 12g spokes and get this bike going!

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Picked up another one today.....

View attachment 66641

I ordered a shaft bolt kit from AGK. It came with a white, plastic spacer. You can see it in the pic. What is it used for because it doesn't fit over the shaft?
Nice lookin bike I believe the plastic spacer will go on the bolt after washer to take care of space at the end of the shaft.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Finally got the dropout extensions finished. Just need to do a little fine tuning and then get them welded up!

I have an image in my head of how I want the bike to look, but when I actually look at the bike I realize it is going to take a lot of work!

View attachment 64697
If your going to weld that drop out in I would make it wrap around the frame.This is how i do mine on my higher power builds on my Schwinn frames . If you do it the way you have it you end up with a really weak point above your drop out .Just my two cents and could save you some aggravation down the road .