99cc jc higgens

GoldenMotor.com

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
well again its been awhile since i posted on this build im finally finished and i figured id post some pics of the bike before i crash it again LOL
glennbo .flg.

Attachments

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
glennbo,
Awesome bike. Question about lacing that Leleu moped rear hub. Did you see any interferences between the spokes and the 6 or 8 mounting bolts used to mount the engine side sprocket? On my build, I laced the Puch moped hub (I think it's a Leleu) onto the 26" bicycle rim using a 3 cross pattern. Now I go to mount the sprocket, and there are areas I can't even get the mounting bolts thru the holes?

Have you seen this and maybe offer some suggestions?

Thanks.

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
i know what your talking about on the lacing of the rim ! if this makes any sense your inound spokes are going outbound and your outbound are going inbound your not going to like this but youll have to relace the hub again. i did the same thing before.. the spokes need to twist the opposite direction then the sprocket will fit flush.. hope this helps ya!!

glennbo

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
i know what your talking about on the lacing of the rim ! if this makes any sense your inound spokes are going outbound and your outbound are going inbound your not going to like this but youll have to relace the hub again. i did the same thing before.. the spokes need to twist the opposite direction then the sprocket will fit flush.. hope this helps ya!!

glennbo
Yeah, thanks, I was googling this topic trying to figure out what the deal is and read something that alluded to exactly what you are saying, but I was not sure that was definitive. The website (can't remember but maybe it was on mopedarmy) basically showed how to lace the hub and it showed all the hub holes with sequential letters and the rim with sequential numbers.

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
i remember it happened to me the first time to after 2 hours figuring how to lace it i thought i was golden till i tried to mount the sprocket i remember i wasnt very HAPPY LOL!!!!

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
i remember it happened to me the first time to after 2 hours figuring how to lace it i thought i was golden till i tried to mount the sprocket i remember i wasnt very HAPPY LOL!!!!
Oh well I guess I was planning on putting some washers under the nipples, and I hadn't trued the wheel yet, so only an hour (or three) lost....

Thanks for your help; back to discussion of your bike!

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Sorry for the derail again.

I went back and looked at my rear wheel with Leleu moped hub- I'm not entirely sure this "in-going/out-going" spokes thing is my problem? If you look at this photo (click it to make bigger) you can see my dilemma. The holes in the hub perimeter for the sprocket are partially blocked off by adjacent spokes.

Is this a product of thread the spokes "bass-akwards"?

pic link:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4c9kFyGgO0M/Ud6fDsm2UTI/AAAAAAAABTY/2lyTqT051ac/w1031-h773-no/20130711_080235.jpg

As you can see from this photo, there's plenty of clearance for the sprocket to sit flush on the hub:

If you look close at the first pic, you can see I had to bend the spokes around the cast bosses in the hub. I *think* that should be OK, and I may have to do the same thing on these other spokes to clear the bolts. I have not trued the wheel yet so all the spokes are still loose.

Last edited:

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
the spokes on the left making contact with the sprocket bolt need to be moved over one hole to the right you innies are supossed to be outies

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
we had a beautiful day here today!!! so i had time to take all the bikes out for a ride.. the roadmaster needed to go for a spin the most as its been in storage most of the yaer only rode it three times and the schwinn out for the first time since may all the bikes are running good and i had a great time riding put about 100 miles on today with the jc bike seein most of the action!
RIDE HARD RIDE SAFE
glennbo

Attachments

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
thanks Silverbear the problem is im running out of room LOL i might need another garage.. so hows your build progressing if you have a thread link me too it ..

thanks again glennbo

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Holy smokes! that engine looks huge! man I wouldn't worry about the Garage, looks like the addition should be to the bike (LOL!)

looks great!

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
thanks guys, truckd your lookin at the roadmaster engine that does have the 212 in it lol, the schwinn has a gc 160 and the jc is running a 79 at the moment just rebuilt the 99 it will be going back in in a week or so,the 79 is running so good i hate to do an engine swap at the moment with the weather so nice.. i had to rebuild the 99 do to a crash i had in may which the case was cracked but i finnally found a new block..

thanks again glennbo

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Just scored a Honda GC160 QHA1 at the swap meet for $60.oo it runs REALLY GOOD! now I have to get a couple of other builds done and hopefully while I'm doing that I can decide what to build next.
That 212 is MONSTEROUS! in that bike WOW! you got me look'n.