Start to finish 1949 Western Flyer Motorbike.

GoldenMotor.com

Motorbikermark

Nov 16, 2011
Western N.C.
I rescued this old Western Flyer from a chainlink fence at a local motorcycle shop where the owner said it was junk and wasn't worth anything, so he would just keep it as yard art. I asked if $100 was the going price for "Yard Art" he agreed it was.
After a lil clean up. Really tried to keep the natural patina, so I just knocked off the loose rust and soaked it for days in oil.
After "China Girl" kit. At this point thought I was just going to throw a motor at it and ride it. I made the filler plate by the rear fender, the faux oil tank and faux painted the Tank, Oil tank and the filler plate and recovered the seat.
this is the point where it started to get out of hand! I thought it needed just a lil more, so I made the fender ornament, modified the rear chain guard, made the rear light out of a trim piece off a 1939 Chevy, and thought there was just a strange gap under the engine so I made a filler piece.

Motorbikermark

Nov 16, 2011
Western N.C.
Then came the front light made out of a 50's Miners light, the Saddle bags, the POO-Poo exhaust. The rear lights whith Lucky Strike tin battery box
Well this is it . I don't believe there is anything else to be done! so that means just one thing........Time for a new build!

Motorbikermark

Nov 16, 2011
Western N.C.
Thanks guys. It means alot. It's nice to know others appreciate the work you've done. Last fall I heard of a benefit Car & Bike show in Greenville S.C. at a Hooter. It was for a good cause, so just for fun I took the Bike down. Out of about 30 bikes including a couple customs. It won best of show! My wife won't let me keep the trophy where anyone can see it because the inscription says "Hot Rods & Hooters".