My 79cc build- Felt Yellow Jacket

GoldenMotor.com

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
I had to ask my pal Sheldon Brown what a floating disc brake was, and yes, you should get that! Your plan to go thru motors as needed seems like a good one to me. 120cc? You better talk to Scotto!lol

I'm planning a quick 2stroke walmart build just to have a bike around to sell, and by next xmas hope to be finished with a 5hp Tecumseh fat bike for the mountains. (I started a thread- Tecumseh mental build, I think. Could use your help...)

I'm moving Sunday- may not be online for awhile. I rented a room in a house full of college girls in a local neighborhood that reminds me of the Santa Teresa area, with less trees. The ad had pics of the unused 2 car garage, so I asked to rent it as well, and they could care less- nobody uses it. Seriously?! Well, that's my new shop. This area has a million lawn mowers that need tune ups and blade sharpening, lot's of gas-bike exposure... Ocho, I might make some money this summer man. :)

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Yes but there a bit pricey, so I'm waiting on the next paycheck. And I'm gonna see how long this 99cc lasts, I feel like its gonna be a while lol

I have been reading that thread, it does sound like a mental build haha

And college girls! Oh man, you could be getting a whole lot besides money, if you know what I mean *wink wink* .mbv.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Look at who finally reached their lucky number.

I also recently upgraded the front rotor to a 203 floating rotor and replaced the brake pads
along with a fresh oil change and wash down of the bike, ill upload more pics later.

Attachments

BarryT

Dec 16, 2013
Corpus Christi, Texas
Hello Ocho,
I'm very interested in mounting this engine at such an angle? Are you able to use more oil at this angle and how do you check the oil level?
Tanks
Barry

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
It's a good clutch, but for the cost of it I think it should of lasted longer than it did. The clutch pucks get stuck sometimes so that the clutch doesnt disengage and the pins on the clutch disk get worn out and start to slide out.
I'm gonna have to buy a cheap clutch in the mean time.

The engine works fine , but you need to add more oil... Something like 8 ounces I forget

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yea it's hard to beat the quality of felts bikes, plus I love that fact that it runs a 1 1/8 head set.

Btw scotto do you were to get good intake manifolds for the engine?
I already have the side that meets the carb.
Sorry to get back to you so late on your question here but I just stumbled upon this post 2 minutes ago.

I bought the intake manifold kit from AGK and brazed it for my 99cc pred build. The 79cc pred I built for my son was the AGK intake manifold that I won at the races.

The manifold works great and is a must for adding an aftermarket carb.

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
I recently purchased a 79cc predator on sale for $99.99 and I had a 25% off coupon too. For $81 and change and I have it on a shelf waiting for a bike to put it in. I'll be watching your build with interest.
The engines are still on sale and I have another coupon! I think I have a sickness...lol

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Thanks scotto.
I was thinking a max torque clutch but after seeing one on my friends bike I didn't like the chatter and the way it engaged
For now I have to manually disengage the pucks on the cheetah at every stop if I rev my bike past ~5k
Until I save up for another or maybe look at other clutch options.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks scotto.
I was thinking a max torque clutch but after seeing one on my friends bike I didn't like the chatter and the way it engaged
For now I have to manually disengage the pucks on the cheetah at every stop if I rev my bike past ~5k
Until I save up for another or maybe look at other clutch options.
You might want to check out the "Dragon Skins" clutches, AGK has had good luck with them on this size engine. Just a thought.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
I have only heard good things about the cheetah clutches...what are your major issues with the clutch ocho?

I have also heard negative things about the chatter on the max torque....

I am now starting to rethink my choice of clutches....is the cheetah the best application for me if I'm just building a cruiser?? Hmmm.....