Am I the oldest?

GoldenMotor.com

olyumabill

Oct 15, 2012
Yuma,Az
I know that Kestrel motors is 15 yrs old but at 87 yrs old am I the oldest? Maybe that is why I need so much help. Happy birthday to me. I am happy that I found this groupe and look forward to posting pictures of my new build.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Bill, don't look behind you 'cause I'm hot on your heels :)

Like Dave said, send us some pictures of your work. And we're honored to have you, sir. Happy Birthday.

Tom

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
I know that Kestrel motors is 15 yrs old but at 87 yrs old am I the oldest? Maybe that is why I need so much help. Happy birthday to me. I am happy that I found this groupe and look forward to posting pictures of my new build.
Hey you are 87 years young and only as old as you feel. Hope to see what you have brewing soon. Is this your first build or have you been at this for a while and done other builds?

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I'm only a youth compared to you. There's one phrase I keep coming across from the "care" industry, "don't let the old in". And it's right, I know people 10 years younger than me ready for the box. Live while you have the breath. Get an oxy bottle when you haven't, just live until you stop.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
I'm only a youth compared to you. There's one phrase I keep coming across from the "care" industry, "don't let the old in". And it's right, I know people 10 years younger than me ready for the box. Live while you have the breath. Get an oxy bottle when you haven't, just live until you stop.
Also praise the Lord for each breath that he has provided and live for him...

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hey Bill,
Welcome to the forum. I'd guess you're probably the oldest, but there's a bunch of us geezers with training wheels in our late 60's and early to mid 70's. I'll be doing this as long as I can. I'll be 68 this winter, but when I'm fooling with my bike I'm 12. Ha! Look forward to hearing about your build. Ask for help if you need it. Good folks here.
SB

olyumabill

Oct 15, 2012
Yuma,Az
Thanks ,Guys for the well wishes. Iam really lucky to have made it this far and feel as good as I do. I just finished a 3000 mile trip on my Ural motorcycle/sidecar from Chicago,Ill to Santa Monica,Ca down old route 66. It had been planned for a long time and I just felt now was the time. I have built lots of stuff over the past 75 years, 6 houses, 46ft sail boat, 3 VW powered trikes,a motorcycle and my own airplane that I learned to fly at 74 yrs. I did not plan to build a bike but was badly bitten by the bug after seeing a BTR in Portland,Ore in Sept so now its full steam ahead on my bike. I will be looking for some help from time to time but will not make a pest of myself. Thanks again for your good wishes, and wish you all a Very Happy Holiday. bill

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Happy Birthday, olyumabill!
I am glad that you found us here in our little corner of cyberspace!
Alot of folks of your "vintage" don't want anything to do with a computer. I'd say you are extraordinary and judging from your list of accomplishments very talented too.

I hope you enjoy this place and your new found hobby.

From a 40 year old....

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
They say 80 is the new 50. I say we all need to find something to make us feel like kids agian. Wine, women, song , bikes. That way I can explain some of my duh moments. Welcome to the site

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Happy b day (little late) well you got our club beat ,three guys over 60 and our oldest at 78 (he just built a belt drive w/side car) . It just shows what a great hobby this is when u can have guys from 17-78 all in the same club having a blast riding around together.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Happy b day (little late) well you got our club beat ,three guys over 60 and our oldest at 78 (he just built a belt drive w/side car) . It just shows what a great hobby this is when u can have guys from 17-78 all in the same club having a blast riding around together.
Jim,
Any chance of getting your buddies to sign on here? We can't let the young whipper snappers (under 50) out number us. I'd very much like to see and hear about your buddy's belt drive with sidecar. Ask 'em.
SB

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
You're amazing bill. Most guys your age would only be thinking about customizing their rascal. You're an instant inspiration. Good luck with your build.