Worksman project X

GoldenMotor.com

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I gotta say I like the stock Worksman forks better, if they are Worksman? and what will you do with those forks? if you don't use them, I've got a Schwinn type style Worksman fork if yer interested in a trade PM me, with a proper set of truss rods on those forks BAM! but it depends on what style yer going for, I really like the tank! it looks great for what ever style?

Last edited:

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
OK Truckd.... maybe i needed a little kick in the pants. I pulled this out of the corner again and surely commited myself to the new path its going to take.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Inky.
what are you going to do with tank ? I do like where your headed with this and I'm contemplating doing the same to mine (Worksman)

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Man I hear Ya, I gotta do the same thing to and the tank has a custom machined turned pattern milled on it.
Nice job on yer frame, keep it up!

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
put in a couple more hours. didnt get real far but its coming together like the little voices in my head tell me it should......

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
NICE! VERY NICE!

Center up that engine, move it Just a little forward (NOT MUCH!) 1 1/2"-2" Max. that will give you Crank clearance and allow you to create a Faux crank case like on the Redskin then you can hide the CDI in it too, run a couple of aluminum tubes for wiring and keep the simplistic look of the Indians .
Are you going to use the whole spring? maybe we could work something out on the other half of it? those Worksman forks are cool looking! got a set from my buddy Dan, they are more of a Reading Standard style, but I like em they got Character.
PM me if we can work it.

Last edited:

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
Motor was just layed in until full mock up. Have the trus fork near complete also. As for the leaf... in order to clamp it stable it gets cut off past centerline so the remainder is not good for anything. Thanks again for the push. I am rejuvinated

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Pm me for a little secret that Dan taught me on improving the gas tank now that it has been lengthened, Can't wait to see the forks.
Gosh! yer making me feel like I'm part of this Build LOL!

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
What a great build you've got going, Everything Looks Good! Tank is fitting rather nicely I see and judging by your post's fairly rapidly too.

Jonny Ace

Jun 14, 2013
Cape Town
Wow sick bike.. really appreciate the custom fab work...just started building my own and this thread has given some much needed inspiration... keep the pics coming.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Ink we need to some some progress pic's, well I'll settle for a progress report if ya ain't got pic's LOL!.

Can I make a suggestion, Get a Schwinn Varsity Goose neck, you can get em pretty cheap from EBay.

Last edited:

inked1974

Apr 11, 2011
Palo, Iowa
I dont really have much of a report so far. I have messed with cleaning up the welds some and this friday will drill mounting holes and bung hole for the tank. As for the neck and bars... thats all pending. I have tons of parts to choose from so I am sure something will jump out at me. I will surely post pics as I move ahead