Does anyone remember these?

GoldenMotor.com

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis

It's an very heavy electric friction that I never could get working right. Can I do something with it? Are there useable parts inside? I haven't cracked open the case yet. I plan in getting rid of the SLA batteries that are inside and see what I can do with the motor. Anyone do something with this?

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
looks like a giant lunch box, i never seen anything like it. you know about what year it is from?

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
I had a rack once, but it was flimsy and I could never get the throttle to work. The last time it saw the light of day was when I used it as a weight when I had to glue a bridge back on my uncle's guitar. I wonder if I can hook up whatever is in there to my non working e bike and make an electric velo solex kinda thing.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
looks like a mans workbench to me. mine is the same way and i know where everything is lol. interesting motor for a bike thats for sure. is it as heavy as it looks?

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
i like the concept,everything hidden in a lunchbox.
possibly substituting controller and batteries from something current?
current-ha ha- made a funny.

kinda cool looking,too bad its non functioning.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I wonder if I can hook a 36v battery to it
Prolly be OK. Overvoltage isn't too hard on Dc motors but undervoltage is. I've seen plenty of 6 volt tractors and equipment that converted to 12v charging ststem with the 6v starter left in service. I have a 1958 Ford 800 tractor that has been like this over 30 years. Still the original starter.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
my dads friend did that to his 6 volt truck once and started it first time he touched the lights they all exploded which is why my dad told him to change ALL the bulbs but he wouldn't listen something about cost

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
Correction: I got up to 30mp on it (going down hill) 5-0 turned the corner so I had to slow down. So possible speed increase. A little more vibration on idle too.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have over powered many 24 volt scooter motors and all failed eventually but they ran for a while. You should be able to get some additional rpm which equals more speed volts equals speed. Speed going into a hill equals easier hill climbing. However amps also go up with voltage increase. I think that is what cooks off the brushes.

This is my last friction drive after a rebuild it is based on 20" bike frame. 36v about 800 watts which makes it run at about 20 amps or so.