MotoMagz 5 speed Roadmaster

GoldenMotor.com

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
The Sturmet axle is 9mm but it jumps up to 10mm inside the hub.This 10mm section is what goes through the sealed bearings inside the hub.So when you use a 10mm axle it works perfect.You will have to drill out the spacers from the original axle to 10mm.Not a big deal at all just get a good drill bit and put the spacers one at a time into a vise and drill.It will fit the fork also but you might want to cut out one of the fork legs so you can take the wheel on and off eaiser.
OK, thanks for the explanation; makes total sense. When you say cut out one of the fork legs, you mean make a dropout out of one of the two legs, right?

edit: because if I don't create the dropout, I would have to disassemble the axle out of the wheel hub every time I want to remove the front wheel...starting to make sense now.

Last edited:

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Headtube length

MotoMagz- sorry for all the questions but I need someone who has experience with this Suzuki fork. BMI's website says the fork stem is approx. 6.5" and then says that the difference between the two trees is about 8". My Dyno headtube is 5.25" (and it's a 1-1/8" dia steerer).

My question is: is the Suzuki for adjustable between the top and bottom trees? They don't appear to be.

thanks, Ed

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Re: Headtube length

MotoMagz- sorry for all the questions but I need someone who has experience with this Suzuki fork. BMI's website says the fork stem is approx. 6.5" and then says that the difference between the two trees is about 8". My Dyno headtube is 5.25" (and it's a 1-1/8" dia steerer).

My question is: is the Suzuki for adjustable between the top and bottom trees? They don't appear to be.

thanks, Ed
You can get a spacer to take up the difference,I had to.The bottom plate of the trees has a bolt on each side to lower or raise the legs.I do not know how much you can move the legs with out affecting your tire.The steering tube is 1 inch so you need to figure that one out.I think they make adapters but not sure check Choppersus.com.Hope this helps

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Thanx 303 no problem!
Ya know chain it's like your Whizzer build I luv it .But we always want something else I guess.

Attachments

Last edited: