! PFFST ! Phoenix Felt Four Stroke Twin :)

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
2Door and Vince ! Thanks I regressed a bit on the sequence but I wanted to get a warning out bout the bleed through on the tank sealer. I have lots of pics of the hole plugging process !! GIGITY !! and other stuff. Im almost ready now for major component test fitting.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I got a pair O big white ones! laff Honestly: These Electra Diamonds may be too big. I have had to use extra spacers on the scheive ( or however you spell it ) to just mabey clear the side wall. Im not convinced it will. I'll know at test fitting time. I not at all sure the extra spacers and mabey more are advisable. But Im not giving up the Diamonds without a fight. I REALLY like em! And; they have nice oversized downhill tubes in em ans well as oversized tire liners. Im hopeing the Sturmey Archer 90mm will engage with the hand controls I've purchased.

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
As stated earlier I got a motor mount from Phantom Bikes. Its billet aluminum and beautifull! I gave it a shot of acid etch primer, then hit it with some engine enamel. Tonight: after fighting with re-assembeling the EZM for a good part of the day, I gave up and decided to put the mount on and slide the motor into place just to get some idea of what Im doing.

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks Rick! I have a little more progress; not as much as I'd like but there you are. Im working the next three nights so I prob wont post again till Sunday. After redoing my EZM with some new and better fittings, I FINALLY figured out the assembly process... Im concerned that the primary belt may be too long. Its as tight as I can get it and theres not much room between the idle'r and the case. Took me the better part of three days but Im not that smart mechanicly. I also managed to get the BEAUTIFULL gas cap on from KGM Thanks oldbiker! You make wonderfull things! The tail light license bracket is now accesorized with a union Jack "3D" decal Its just an extra bit of clear acrillic over the colored bit to make it pop.

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Just a little word of advice .....that belt is too long. An AX25 is my belt of pref for the EZM and it is 27" long. As the belt will wear while breaking in, the length your running will be useless in no time and will not work.

Just a little heads up.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks Scotto! See my reply in the gearbox section thread. Running out to Granger now... Got canceled tonight so its back to tinking on the bike! I'll cross post my request here though. Anybody have pics of a properly assembeled EZM gear box ??? Sorry Bill; your stuff showed up as a WORD file and I dont have Word thingy on my puter... UPDATE: Got a 1" shorter belt AND pics of an assembeled EZM. Thanks Guys.

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks Scotto! See my reply in the gearbox section thread. Running out to Granger now... Got canceled tonight so its back to tinking on the bike! I'll cross post my request here though. Anybody have pics of a properly assembeled EZM gear box ??? Sorry Bill; your stuff showed up as a WORD file and I dont have Word thingy on my puter... UPDATE: Got a 1" shorter belt AND pics of an assembeled EZM. Thanks Guys.
Here are some fresh pics and a vid of my EZM set-up.....

http://youtu.be/vSx7ZRGKd4I

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
THANKS SCOTTO!!! I think I see where half of my frustrations are coming from on re assembly. I have been mounting the two brackets that support the rear pulley and clutch togather as thats how it came to me. But I see your clutch side bracket is canted. Looks like it might make reassembly much easier...?

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes, you're on the right track now......the carrier brackets share a nut and bolt on the top and bottom, but they are not meant to be bolted face to face or back to back as it may be. It's easy to see in the pics.....offset.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Well. Things have been a bit slow with the build; but I have been doing stuff. Im wating on a new set of batterys from red China, as the US "Seller" didnt look at what he actually had, as opposed to what he was selling online.:-|| Heres a few pics: I test mounted the motor and knew I was going to have issues right off the bat. The motor mount is a beautifull billitt aluminum piece from Phantom Bikes, but its not made to work with 26x2.35" tires. The whole assembly had to be moved to the left. SOOOO Off to the machine shop to have it milled. Im not sure I had enough material removed; only 1/8 onch prob should have gone 3/16, but Im hopeing... I also have done a test fit of the wheel tire combo seen here:

Attachments

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I also had to shim my front sproket due to the; fatter than Albert tires. Lastly I have an issue with the torque arm from the S.A. front brake. I think I have a solution but would like to here opinions from you guys on what I should do. I DONT want to bend the arm! Im planing on a shim of some sort and VERY Ugly and out of place hose clamps. ( Sad ) Functional but not pretty; or in step with the rest of the bike. Coments and suggestions encouaged! Pictures to come include a recovered ( in antique brown leather) re built Troxel big spring seat and batery bags which I should have on Monday. EDIT: Just for claraty; the clamp for the torque arm supplied by SA was about half the size needed for these fatty cruiser forks...

Attachments

Last edited:

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
I also had to shim my front sproket due to the; fatter than Albert tires. Lastly I have an issue with the torque arm from the S.A. front brake. I think I have a solution but would like to here opinions from you guys on what I should do. I DONT want to bend the arm! Im planing on a shim of some sort and VERY Ugly and out of place hose clamps. ( Sad ) Functional but not pretty; or in step with the rest of the bike. Coments and suggestions encouaged! Pictures to come include a recovered ( in antique brown leather) re built Troxel big spring seat and batery bags which I should have on Monday. EDIT: Just for claraty; the clamp for the torque arm supplied by SA was about half the size needed for these fatty cruiser forks...
I had the same problem V....
The way I combated it was getting a rubbered clamp....similar to the ones AGK sells for mounting their Tiny Tachs to your handlebars.....you can find them in varrying sizes at most hardware stores......I then found a bolt just long enough to reach between the 2 and a spacer to make the difference between the arm and clamp hole.....I then drilled a small hole that the bolt could fit through but not make to big of an imprint in the arm....found a nylock bolt to fit the nut so everything would stay tight......a thousand plus miles later Ive never had to worry about it!!!!
My bike is a Micargi Rover GX btw....the forks look pretty close to the size of your pic also

Attachments

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I had the same problem V....
The way I combated it was getting a rubbered clamp....similar to the ones AGK sells for mounting their Tiny Tachs to your handlebars.....you can find them in varrying sizes at most hardware stores......I then found a bolt just long enough to reach between the 2 and a spacer to make the difference between the arm and clamp hole.....I then drilled a small hole that the bolt could fit through but not make to big of an imprint in the arm....found a nylock bolt to fit the nut so everything would stay tight......a thousand plus miles later Ive never had to worry about it!!!!
My bike is a Micargi Rover GX btw....the forks look pretty close to the size of your pic also
THAT! IS! AWSOME!!! WAY better than the "plan" I had. I'll tink that out this weekend once I'm off work. Thanks guys!