My 2 builds

GoldenMotor.com

tnrcustoms

Dec 25, 2011
Denver CO
Hi,

I am currently building 2 boardtrackers. One is my version, of a modernized bike, the other is going to be a more traditional vintage look. Here are pics of both. The modern one is in a second mockup stage, waiting for the engine to come. The vintage version is in the very early stages, with the frame work almost complete.( more pics of frame this evening). Yesterday, I cut, inserted, bent, massaged, and tacked, the frame, to include a bottom engine loop. I didn't weld yet, because I want to ft the engine, and make sure the frame will wrap it ,with a good looking profile.

Pic #1-Mod bike before
Pic#2- Mod Bike 2nd mockup
pic#3- vintage bike frame being worked
pic#4- 1955 Huffy before
Pic#5- bare frame after tear down

Between these bike and my numerous other ongoing builds, I am having a great time!

Thanks for looking, and there will be regular updates, as they progress.

Rick

Attachments

tnrcustoms

Dec 25, 2011
Denver CO
What do you need to see? They are just beginning builds. I will post better pictures later when there is something to see.

tnrcustoms

Dec 25, 2011
Denver CO
OK, I think I have this pic thing down. Lets see if this is better. These are just a preliminary fitup, to see what I come up with. When I decide the frame is ready, I am going to do my slices and connections with inserts and plug welds, to make them stronger. More pics to come.

Last edited by a moderator:

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Youre off to a nice start.......... but if you want my $0.02 i think the lower toptube would look a lot better placed a little lower, providing you have room with motor installed.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Fun stuff!
I'll watch to see how things turn out for you. Got a bunch of frame here to axe up, myself.

How does your springer work? Is it effective?
Much I need to learn about front suspension.
...I DO know I need it!

Best
rc

tnrcustoms

Dec 25, 2011
Denver CO
Youre off to a nice start.......... but if you want my $0.02 i think the lower toptube would look a lot better placed a little lower, providing you have room with motor installed.
Thank you! It isn't welded in yet, lol. I just stuck it in there for the pic. I am still waiting for my engine to come in. you are right. My plans are to position it as low as possible, without interfering with the top of the engine. I am going to fab my tank once it finds it spot. I can always redesign the bottom hoop, to lower the engine a little more, if needed.

Last edited:

tnrcustoms

Dec 25, 2011
Denver CO
Fun stuff!
I'll watch to see how things turn out for you. Got a bunch of frame here to axe up, myself.

How does your springer work? Is it effective?
Much I need to learn about front suspension.
...I DO know I need it!

Best
rc
Thanks! I am not going to use the stock springer. I am designing, and almost ready to start fabricating, a custom springer with a small car type leaf spring. Stay tuned for pics on that part of my build.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Another 2 cents. I would bend the top tube instead of cut and weld. Also the bend or weld joint should be about 6 inches foreward from where it is now. The angled end of the tube should make a strait line parallel to the 2 rear downtubes where they meet the seatpost for nice flowing lines.
The difference in angles there now sticks out like a sore thumb.

Last edited:

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
Or, you could just keep going as is and follow your vision of how it should look. Original thought and design is good too. What welding method are you going to use ?

MHF

tnrcustoms

Dec 25, 2011
Denver CO
Or, you could just keep going as is and follow your vision of how it should look. Original thought and design is good too. What welding method are you going to use ?

MHF
Original design is what makes these style bikes, along with other styles I build, unique. This build, as all my other past builds, come together good. Some may like the style, others may not. Individualism is following your vision. If I changed everything on my bike to look like what others "think" it should look like, it wouldn't be mine.

I am going to TIG weld just about everything on the bike.

Last edited:

tnrcustoms

Dec 25, 2011
Denver CO
Another 2 cents. I would bend the top tube instead of cut and weld. Also the bend or weld joint should be about 6 inches foreward from where it is now. The angled end of the tube should make a strait line parallel to the 2 rear downtubes where they meet the seatpost for nice flowing lines.
The difference in angles there now sticks out like a sore thumb.
This is just an initial fitup. Everything on the frame is just there to explore different looks. The frame will more than likely, look totally different when I decide to do the final assembly and welding. You can not build a frame without the engine setting in it, to achieve the looks you are going for. I am waiting on my engine to come in, then the real looks will emerge.

My end bikes that I build are my design, and I go for looks that are not "cookie cutter".

Keep an eye on my thread and watch a masterpiece take form. lol