whats it worth?

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Just be warned that the pickers lament is that the crap yard art motorcycle is suddenly worth a $1,200 because two people asked about buying it. You learn a lot about people in that racket. None of it very nice.

Ask where the engine is. There may well be a good story behind it and it gives the owner a chance to talk about it if it was a family story. Ask somewhere along if they have any other bikes ect. they might want to sell.
Tell them about building a bike so they don't think your in it for the cash grab and run.

Have cash in you pockets so it's payed for and take it with you. I had enough people change their minds after I went back to get it and a few that said they had no idea what I was talking about because they never saw me before. They all took the cash though.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Check the old pickers programs. They bought an old motorcycle in one of them and took it to a restorer and got a price if I remember right.

See how much they had to sell and that will give you an idea.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
One last thing. Try to get them to give you a price if you can. That way you don't over pay or worse yet insult them with too low a price.
I'd just tell them your only the buyer but they own it and know what they think it's worth.

Steve

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
The person wants 225 for the motobecane and 750 for the vespa, and its motor is loced
That's one problem about american pickers, people see their stuff on there and moove the decimal points in there prices to the right, not the left!