May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
Morini Build 001.JPG

Morini Build 002.JPG

Morini Build 003.JPG

Morini Build 004.JPG

Morini Build 005.JPG
Hi all!
I have sold my first build and now I am starting on my next kick _ss build. I have purchased a Morini S6-S motor, had it bored out, and re-sleeved. Then sent to me. I am told that the motor will be producing 12+ hp with no port work! When I positioned the motor on the bike, I choose that the bike cranks do not have priority on the placement of the motor. The motor sets nice in the frame with the exhaust system in place. I choose to make three motor mounts out of 3/16" plate steel. To hold these motor mounts in place, I am using 1 and 1/8" U-bolts that will be welded to the metal frame. I have positoned the engine dead center on the frame.
Here's a couple pics of the build. As I move further in the build, I will post more pics.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
How about pictures of the bore?!! Inquiring minds wanna know! How much didja bore it out by? Was balancing the crank a prob? I might wanna try this,,,, be kinda cool to have a sleeper motor:D

FarRider

Jun 8, 2011
Brooklyn N.Y.
View attachment 41267

View attachment 41268

View attachment 41269

View attachment 41270

View attachment 41271
Hi all!
I have sold my first build and now I am starting on my next kick _ss build. I have purchased a Morini S6-S motor, had it bored out, and re-sleeved. Then sent to me. I am told that the motor will be producing 12+ hp with no port work! When I positioned the motor on the bike, I choose that the bike cranks do not have priority on the placement of the motor. The motor sets nice in the frame with the exhaust system in place. I choose to make three motor mounts out of 3/16" plate steel. To hold these motor mounts in place, I am using 1 and 1/8" U-bolts that will be welded to the metal frame. I have positoned the engine dead center on the frame.
Here's a couple pics of the build. As I move further in the build, I will post more pics.
What size is that frame? It must be a 23 incher!
Me likey...
please keep posting
FR

Last edited by a moderator:

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
How about pictures of the bore?!! Inquiring minds wanna know! How much didja bore it out by? Was balancing the crank a prob? I might wanna try this,,,, be kinda cool to have a sleeper motor:D
The company that I purchased my engine from is called
Rob's Racing Engines(COMPLETEENGINES). He took care of the boring and re-sleeving work. Rob did supply the piston. The piston is 44mm. Brings the cc's up to 63.43cc. He did not balance the crank.Rob builds pro circuit motors for dirt bikes and quads. He has taken many national championships with this setup that he has done for me. Another race team has even protested against him stating there's no way that Morini engine is that fast and under 70cc. Give him a call. He'll take care of you. I haven't mentioned my exhaust system yet....

If you got any more info about that carb. Let me know.

David Flanagan

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
Is there another rear engine mount just under the carb? If so, I would attach a forth mount to the seat tube.
The motor does have four mounts on it. I wasn't sure if it would be necessary to have four engine mounts that where welded to the frame? I thought three welded mounts would do the trick.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
If you got any more info about that carb. Let me know.

David Flanagan
Thanks for the info! This bored jug kit sounds very exiting. Gonna look into it next week I wanna try one. As for the carb I think we are at similar elevations from sea level and I think you will like this arrangement a bunch? Posted here for the 21mm and 19mm . http://motorbicycling.com/f47/jet-sizes-s6s-carb-34044.html

All I'm saying is those Italian engineers have 4 mounts there for a reason. If it didn’t need it, it wouldn’t be there.
I have thought about this a few times. I think it is coincidental to different motorcycle manufacture arrangements dunno? My bike got's just one of those used the bottom one ,the jug bolt last the front bolt and has worked perfectly. Solid as rock no bolts have ever vibrated loose or anything.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
At least you have plenty of room to do that. Most bikes are really no good for a Morini mount due to the center exhaust port but that bike has lots of room.

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
I run three welded mounts with zero issue on a S6-S although the thickest pieces of steel on the entire bike are the mounts.

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
After talking to a Morini distributor and two motorcycle shops, they said that there would not be a problem with running the motor in the postion that I mounted it in. They did say however that if the clutch was hydraulic there would be a problem with where the clutch fluid would rest. With that said, I still remounted my motor. I moved it 2" down in the bottom front mount, 3" forward on the top mount, and .5" up on the back mount. Here's a pic. Not that it's important or anything but I did find out some info on how to mod the head on these at this altitude to get them to scream.
Morini New.JPG

I also made some rear wheel backets to keep that back wheel on when I'm doing those powerwheelies that are so famous now.
Hub Bracket 001.JPG
Hub Bracket 002.JPG

For my exhaust system I went with a Pro Circuit exhaust pipe that is for a 04 LEM 50. This pipe is made for this motor. I am using a R304 Pro Circuit Silencer for the silencer. After re-mounting my motor, I had to have the exhaust pipe bent to go over the back tire instead of shooting right up my _ss! One of my buddies has some exhaust cloth wrap (black). He's going to hook that up for me so I don't burn my leg and to hide the finish that is now flaking off because of the bends!
Morini Build 006.JPG

Morini Exhaust 001.JPG

Hopefully the motor mounts are welded tomorrow. Stay tuned..

Last edited: