PVC Pipe is a godsend

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Great idea, Bishop!
I should try it... got a bunch of PVC laying around and just turned away a couple hundred feet of it salvaged from a swimming pool demo.
(I really can't bring home any more BIG loads of stuff... gettin' full up, again.)

I will try and make a boost bottle like Alf did soon.
Gas tank... won't gasoline attack the glue? or maybe I could use solvent??? ..the clear solvent stuff??? I really want to get rid of my peanut tank. Don't want my MAB to look like a motorcycle.

... To stray a little bit from plastic, but stay in hydroforming, I watched a youtube vid on making expansion chambers by cutting the shape from flat stock and welding it up, then hooking a pressure washer to it to blow it up. It worked great! My bigger pressure washer is 3500psi... that oughta do it! lol
When I worked in telecom we used a heater box to bend the cpvc pipe.
Made a real mess of it if left in the box too long. LOL

Tnx for the thread!
got me thinkin
rc

bishop letov

Jul 3, 2011
Bucks County , Pennsylvania
When I was an apprentice for elevator repair.. I made that mistake of leaving a pvc pipe in the bender and it made a gooey mess and it took me a while to get everything cleaned out.. it was the first time I had ever used it and man, did the guys make fun of me for the day.... You live and learn..