Smaller front sprocket for the S6S motor?

GoldenMotor.com

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
I want the option of running lower gearing for my bike. I run an S6S motor with a moped rear hub. The moped hubs are great for the Morini (proper offset, nice drum brake) but the sprocket options are limited for the offset I need and 45T represents the largest option for my brand hub.

To gear my ride down, I either need a bigger rear sprocket or a smaller front. Anybody know where to find a 9 tooth front sprocket? You can find 9 tooth sprockets for a 50cc KTM motor, but the shaft is not splined so they're not interchangeable with the S6S.

Anyone been down this path?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I made a custom 12 tooth sprocket for study purposes. I turned down a stock one pretty small then made a hole in my 12 tooth just the right size that I hammered it on then I welded it. I am running a 11 right now perfect for me.

11 and 10 is all there is I looked.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Might look through here in the KTM listings there seams to be more(^) Mebbe the listings have changed over time dunno? But every time in the past I Googled under Morini and looked nuttun. I just now tried KTM. Go figure its crazy putting the magic word into Google sometimes. These'uns with the splines I am 100% convinced they will fit! http://www.google.com/search?q=9 to...fficial&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np

Last edited:

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
Digging up an old post here.... we never did find the smaller sprockets when we were looking for them, figures you can find them now.

Pat ended up designing a custom sprocket carrier that allows us to run cool two piece rear sprockets on our hubs. We can now get custom rear sprockets in nearly any size. And because the sprockets are two piece, you don't even have to take off the rear wheel to make a gearing change.